Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Vince Giordano at The Music Box Friday night

Jezebel38

So I'm wondering, now that this will be open to the general public, is this going to be set up as concert seating? Will front row seating be reserved for passholders? Or is this just general seating? And also, will there be any floor space available for dancing? If a contingent of fellow Balboa dancers shows up, will they be relegated to dancing in the isles? I'm wondering if I should pack my dancing shoes!

Copy of MusicBox01

The Music Box Theater

I believe The Music Box is going to be set up in a similar configuration to the photo above - with cocktail tables complete with table lamps. It will attempt to recreate the nightclubs found in the films of the '30s & '40s, like *Ball Of Fire* or *The Awful Truth* ("My love is gone with the wind. Woo-Woo-WOO") Attention has been paid to all sorts of details to make the scene as authentic and fun as possible.

I do expect there to be a dancing area too so bring those boogie shoes.

Kyle In Hollywood

Hi CineMaven -

Welcome To Hollywood! (I had to get that out of the way first.) It's great to have you here in my 'hood. Can't wait to see you!

Non-passholders can attend the Vince Giordano and the Nighthawks concert at the Music Box Friday evening. Admission is $20.00 for the general public and available at the venue the night of the event. (No advance sales.)

As to other options for non-passholders, I am not certain. Last year the lobby of the Roosevelt Hotel was open to the public (save for the duration of the Opening Night Party.) But because TCM has taken over the lobby and turned it into a studio for taping this year, I don't know if that area is completely off-limits to the public and passholders only are given access. Of course, if you and your guest are staying in the Roosevelt, your guest will likely be given the ability to travel through that area. And if they happen to stick around the lobby awhile on their way to the Blvd., who's to know? Same goes for tapings happening poolside. Plus, the restrictions on that area wouldn't begin until the start of the Festival - so you and your guest should be able to wander the Roosevelt freely today and tomorrow (Wednesday.)

Typically, footprint ceremonies at the Chinese Theater, like the one for Peter O'Toole on Saturday morning, are "public" events. Whether that is the case with this ceremony is unknown. I don't know of a past ceremony that was affiliated with an event like the Classic Film Festival. I suppose TCM could cordon off the entire area and only allow passholders access to the viewing. I wouldn't blame them if they did. But past ceremonies also blocked the Boulevard and put up bleachers, etc for the viewers. I also don't know if those arrangements will also be in place for Peter O'Toole.

So, those are two other "possiblities" - but no guarantees. You might want to inquire when the info booth opens on Thursday. Or tackle our pal Genevieve if you see her. (Be sure and see her sometime over the weekend.) I hear she is already whirling around the area. And I just heard that the Roosevelt is quite the hub of activity already. It's full of folks we both know. Go take a peek.

See you soon.

Kyle (always) In Hollywood

Hi CineMaven-

Yes- those without passes can attend the Vince Giordano and His Nighthawks event on Friday, April 29 at the Music Box.

Click the link below for all the details:

http://www.tcm.com/festival/index.html#/events/specialevents

Also, those who wish to attend festival screenings without passes may do so buy purchasing an individual screening ticket.

For details, please click the link below:

http://www.tcm.com/festival/index.html#/passes/individualtickets

Please note, no individual tickets will be sold to the Opening Night screening of AN AMERICAN IN PARIS, the live taping with Peter O'Toole, the hand print ceremony with Peter O'Toole, or for any Club TCM events.

We look forward to seeing you in Hollywood!

TCM Classic Film Festival