Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

new help seeking subnarine war movies

While that list is pretty good, I will tell you that I have seen many of these movies and two of the very best are the two that reviewer hasn't seen. *Run Silent, Run Deep* with Clark Gable and Burt Lancaster , I think is the best of all, based on a best selling book by a WW2 submarine commander. *The Enemy Below* stars Robert Mitchum and Curt Jurgens and gives a realistic insight into the tactics used by a destroyer captain and his U Boat adversary. Both films made in the 1950's, so no modern day computer generated visuals which I think is a plus. And you have some of the best acting talent of all time in both films. There are of course many other "sub" films, many from the 1950's, the quality does vary.

Three not on that list:

*Operation Petticoat* (1959) Cary Grant, Tony Curtis

*Destination Tokyo* (1943) Cary Grant

*Crash Dive* (1943) Tyrone Power, Dana Andrews

There's also *Ice Station Zebra* (1968) and *On the Beach* (1959) but neither are really war movies.

Di

Edited by: dianabat on Apr 25, 2011 1:13 PM

I know TCM has shown both Cary Grant movies over the years, I wonder if they were ever run back to back? There is that interesting Tony Curtis connection between the two films. Another good movie is John Wayne's *Operation Pacific*.

*Das Boot* is excellent. I have only seen the theatrical release. It was originally a miniseries on German TV. That 293m version is available on DVD. I should check it out sometime, as you may like to do!

> {quote:title=directcurrent wrote:}{quote}

> *Hay folk I am seeking war movies about submarine, does any one have a list of some? please let me know.*

Our cousins over in Britain have made some good submarine movies .A couple come to mind. Both WE DIVE AT DAWN and MORNING DEPARTURE are available on DVD in the U.S.

• 1 month later...