Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

September 11th.

> {quote:title=Jayo wrote:}{quote}

> I wonder if TCM has anything planned to commemorate the 10th. anniversary of 9/11? Perhaps

> a festival of films celebrating New York City through the years.

I certainly hope NOT!

The time is well past celebrating, mourning, commemorating, paying tribute, or whatever. What is desperately needed is a return to the sanity of the ordered and well-considered schedule (if four or five months old!) provided in Now Playing and, as a last resort, to the insanity of the schedule listed here--for whatever this might be worth.

Speaking of New York, by the way.........

incredibull

> {quote:title=FredCDobbs wrote:}{quote}

> Osama Bin Laden has been killed.

>

> President Obama to make announcement soon.

>

> New York and Washington DC on high alert tonight.

>

> Big news.

That's an incredibulletin!

Do you suppose that GWB will offer Obama his hearty congratulations :-) :-) :-) ?

incredibull

> {quote:title=incredibull wrote:}{quote}

>

> Do you suppose that GWB will offer Obama his hearty congratulations :-) :-) :-) ?

>

>

Yes, that news is just being told by NBC, statement of congratulations from Bush tonight.

Large crowd gathering in front of White House, waving American flags.

I liked Obama's speech tonight. He said he gave the order to capture or kill the guy. Quite a bold statement.

Well of course George W. Bush would call to congratulate President Obama.

I think that this now validates the actions of George W. Bush, when he announced that it was going to be the mission of the United States military and CIA to get Bin Laden, bring him in Dead or Alive.

By BNO News (tonight, a short time ago)

DALLAS (BNO NEWS) -- Former U.S. President George W. Bush on early Monday morning released the following statement on the death of al-Qaeda leader Osama bin Laden.

"Earlier this evening, President Obama called to inform me that American forces killed Osama bin Laden, the leader of the al Qaeda network that attacked America on September 11, 2001. I congratulated him and the men and women of our military and intelligence communities who devoted their lives to this mission. They have our everlasting gratitude. This momentous achievement marks a victory for America, for people who seek peace around the world, and for all those who lost loved ones on September 11, 2001. The fight against terror goes on, but tonight America has sent an unmistakable message: No matter how long it takes, justice will be done."

The town President Obama said he was killed at a city called Abbottabad. It is North of Islamabad. It is in the area of the Northwest Territorial wars featured in the movie "Gunga Din", when this was part of India in the 19th Century.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abbottabad

----------------

This just in:

Thousands of cheering people gather outside the gates of the White House, waving American flags and cheering President Obama.

> {quote:title=Web wrote:}{quote}

> Donald Trump doesn't believe he's dead. He wants to see the death certificate.

Trump "bombed", Bin Laden killed. Stay tuned for the latest news...

> {quote:title=Ascotrudgeracer wrote:}{quote}

> He shall always be remembered as the world's most famous caveman.

I never for a second believed he was living in a cave. I figured he was relaxing on a beach in Bali, sipping pina coladas. Guess I was wrong about Bali.

> {quote:title=FredCDobbs wrote:}{quote}

> The town President Obama said he was killed at a city called Abbottabad. It is North of Islamabad. It is in the area of the Northwest Territorial wars featured in the movie "Gunga Din", when this was part of India in the 19th Century.

>

> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abbottabad

>

> ----------------

>

> This just in:

>

> Thousands of cheering people gather outside the gates of the White House, waving American flags and cheering President Obama.

Moderator: The president of the United States has called this town hall meeting to discuss with you the latest upgrade in the war on terror. "What is on your mind tonight, Mr. president?"

President: "Osama bin Laden"

Moderator (pointing): "That gentleman over there, what's your name?"

Gentleman in the crowd: "Trump"

Moderator: "You're in the wrong place, sir. This is not your bridge tournament. But now that you're here, would you mind telling us what is on *your* mind tonight?"

Gentleman in the crowd: "Obama Sin Laden"

Moderator: "You're off topic, Sir. Get back to your bridge tournament, have two cups of coffee--and good luck."

You're kidding, of course.

GWB pronounced this a great day for *America* on TV, but was very careful *NOT* to mention president Obama. Extremely careful--and bumbling (of course) in his delivery. So what else is new?

incredibull

(now you can get a sense of the meaning of this user ID)

I am not kidding.

You are either inept at history or you have had your head stuck in the sand for the past 9-1/2 years.

It wasn't just GWB who exclaimed that this was great day for America, so did many others including our current ham in the White House.

> {quote:title=fxreyman wrote:}{quote}

> I am not kidding.

>

> You are either inept at history or you have had your head stuck in the sand for the past 9-1/2 years.

>

> It wasn't just GWB who exclaimed that this was great day for America, so did many others including our current ham in the White House.

This is *not* what I am talking about! I am talking about GWB's stubborn refusal to give Obama credit. This is *not* about giving America credit. It is about giving *Obama* credit. GWB has not done this and never will, simply because he botched the job for some ten years and cannot bear to give credit to the one who knew how to do what GWB did not know how to do and, despite endless promises, failed to do it! It's that simple.

But those two letters fx at the beginning of your user ID ensure your inability to understand what I have just said. But I understand why you cannot understand. I know precisely what happened, who the players were then, and who the players are today. I'm very glad that my user ID does not begin with fx, because I want to be in touch with historical reality.

Oh, and by the way, I am not a democrat. I know how to pick and choose what is right for this country, not what is right to protect an ideology. To each his own.

incredibull