Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

PLEASE HELP WITH FILM TITLE !

Hi ! I remember watching this film years ago on tcm with my mother , but she insists she doesn't remember . This film is anywhere from the late 50s to mid sixties , but my best guess would be around 1962 . I remember the film being about this young woman living somewhere in Europe , and for some reason Hungary comes to mind . She was living in this huge concrete/stone type building that had alot of apartments in it . The actress was a brigitte bardot type (it could have been her) with big blond hair . One of the other things i can remember is that she had a male friend that i think was a painter . At one point in the film i remember her walking into his studio/apartment (i think he lived in the same building) while he was painting something , and she seemed rather distraught . I especially remember the end scene where she is running throughout the building like she is very happy , and finally looks out the building , and there are hundreds of towns-people outside yelling for whatever reason . Thats about all i can remember , i was rather young when i saw it . Oh , and i seem to recall there being a giant bell , and it is ringing at the end . The only other thing i can think to mention is that it is in beautiful , lush color . Thank you very much to anyone that answers , it is greatly appreciated !