Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

A Couple Of Movies On THIS

sfpcc1

Tonight on THIS their are a couple of interesting movies on, *The Incredible Shrinking Man* and *Lady Frankenstein*. Okay I don't have great hopes on Lady Frankenstein but Joseph Cotten is in it. Yeah, they still have comericials.

> {quote:title=sfpcc1 wrote:}{quote}

> Tonight on THIS their are a couple of interesting movies on, *The Incredible Shrinking Man* and *Lady Frankenstein*. Okay I don't have great hopes on Lady Frankenstein but Joseph Cotten is in it. Yeah, they still have comericials.

I watched The Incredible Shrinking Man on THIS and really enjoyed it. Also saw Lady Frankenstein as I watch Elvira's Movie Macabre every week on THIS. My expectations are always low for those films; I watch mainly nostalgic reasons. I was surprised when I saw Joseph Cotten was going to be in it.

I dug all these flicks on THIS! Sure they have ads, and all that, but it reminds me of old TV and cable back in the day. Fortunately, I have a DVR service that allows me to grab from two channels at once, so I'm all good, TCM and whatever else is out there that is also good. Retro-TV (and they have that Wolfman Mac fellow who does cheap horror films on Sat nights too), THIS-TV and their Elvira and all the other cool stuff, and also Encore Westerns. There are some other cool things out there, though few and far between. TCM is the BEST though, bar none!

> {quote:title=markbeckuaf wrote:}{quote}

> I dug all these flicks on THIS! Sure they have ads, and all that, but it reminds me of old TV and cable back in the day. Fortunately, I have a DVR service that allows me to grab from two channels at once, so I'm all good, TCM and whatever else is out there that is also good. Retro-TV (and they have that Wolfman Mac fellow who does cheap horror films on Sat nights too), THIS-TV and their Elvira and all the other cool stuff, and also Encore Westerns. There are some other cool things out there, though few and far between. TCM is the BEST though, bar none!

Mark,

THIS reminds me of pre-cable days when broadcast channels still showed old movies. I'd rather see the movies commercial-free, a la TCM, but THIS is showing some movies you can't see at all. Given a choice between seeing a movie with commercials or not being able to see it at all...I'll take choice #1! :-) Yeah, all the retro TV digital subchannels have Saturday night horror-fests. I've been watching Elvira on THIS and the one on Retro-TV for several years now, and now that we have MeTV, there's a similar one on Saturday nights called something like Svenghoulie out of Chicago. Retro TV also has the Kraft Suspense Theater on Saturday and Sunday nights (at 11 pm, I think), although it's retitled Crisis for syndication. You might like that--it's got a mild noir feel to it. It's a crime/mystery anthology series from the '60s. Our Highway Patrol man Broderick Crawford was in an episode not too long ago. I can't watch it anymore because we lost RetroTV for MeTV, although I think it's been a net gain for me because MeTV has more variety and I'm really digging Perry Mason and The Untouchables on it.

I also like Encore Westerns. I watch Gunsmoke, The Virginian, and Lawman, plus a lot of old B&W westerns from the '50s. I imagine you might like Have Gun, Will Travel because it has a darker edge to it. A lot of people like it but for some reason I can't get into it--the "gun for hire" thing isn't for me. I sure love the theme song, though. And Paladin is a cool name!

Of course, TCM is the best!

Robbie

> {quote:title=markbeckuaf wrote:}{quote}

> I dug all these flicks on THIS! Sure they have ads, and all that, but it reminds me of old TV and cable back in the day. Fortunately, I have a DVR service that allows me to grab from two channels at once, so I'm all good, TCM and whatever else is out there that is also good. Retro-TV (and they have that Wolfman Mac fellow who does cheap horror films on Sat nights too), THIS-TV and their Elvira and all the other cool stuff, and also Encore Westerns. There are some other cool things out there, though few and far between. TCM is the BEST though, bar none!

Speaking of Encore Westerns, which does run TV shows...I wonder why Encore Mystery doesn't run any TV shows anymore? They used to run The Avengers about ten years ago...including the B&W episodes! They also used to show Rod Serling's Night Gallery. I don't think they run any TV series anymore....