Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, AUDREY HEPBURN!

It occurred to me yesterday while watching it that while LOVE IN THE AFTERNOON is a relatively mediocre film for Wilder, the ending scene, which concludes with Cooper scooping Audrey up and putting her on the train with him, is one of the all-time-best closing scenes of any film.

Audrey Hepburn & Cary Grant were the two actors who really got me into Classic films so they will always be my favorite for that reason.

She died way too young. I know Billy Joel's song doesn't really apply to this but when I think of Audrey Hepburn I do think of the saying "only the good die young".

> {quote:title=finance wrote:}{quote}

> CHARADE must be one of your favorites.

Actually surprisingly enough it's not! Well it has definitely grown on me over time. But the first time I saw it I think my expectations were raised too high because they were both in it and I was disappointed.

But now as I said I enjoy it much more it just isn't necessarily my favorite from either of them.

So true! Only 63. makes me sick to think of all the good she could have done in the world the last 20 years. People like her, Liz Taylor and Paul Newman prove that an individual CAN make a difference