Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Robert's 80th Birthday

Robert will turn 80 on May 3, 2012, just after next year's film festival. I know that there will be private parties galore for him in New York, Atlanta, and LA, well attended by celebrities, studio execs, and honchos from the entertainment industry and Turner Networks, and which ordinary fans of his won't be able to get anywhere near.

Is there any possiblity that the network could do something where the fans could show our love and appreciation? I know that dealing with hordes of fans is fatiguing and I personally don't feel a compelling need to meet him again (since I've already done so), but I think it would be nice if we fans could have (even a separate) event to show the man we love how much we care about him and show him we think that he is as great (if not greater) than any star he's ever interviewed, talked about, or written about.

Cinecrazy DC

Edited by: cinecrazydc on May 6, 2011 10:00 PM

{quote:title=filmlover wrote:}There were at least 2 birthday cards signed by multiple fans that were to be presented to him on the final evening of this year's festival.{quote}

How did I miss that?! What a wonderful idea, and crazy's idea for next year is swell too. Hope it happens. The audience sang "Happy Birthday" to RO at one of the screenings; I believe it was at Gaslight.