Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Schedule Says Santa Claus, But Lepus Is Airing?

The TCM online schedule AND Now Playing both say Santa Claus is supposed to air at 2 a.m., but it looks like Night of the Lepus with Stuart Whitman is airing. As soon as I see Dr. McCoy--I mean, DeForest Kelley--I'll know for sure...wait, he just showed up. Definitely Night of the Lepus.

First, frame errors in one of the Mike Hammer films; now, a different movie is airing from what is in the schedule? What's up, TCM? Of course, I am probably the only one who ever watches TCM Underground anyway...

I DVR TCM Underground once in a while. They sure like to show the Night Of The Lepus. I recient taped Strange Behavior which had one of the strangest dance scenes I've ever seen, (outside of Romy And Michelle's High School Reunion.)

> {quote:title=sfpcc1 wrote:}{quote}

> I DVR TCM Underground once in a while. They sure like to show the Night Of The Lepus. I recient taped Strange Behavior which had one of the strangest dance scenes I've ever seen, (outside of Romy And Michelle's High School Reunion.)

Yeah, my satellite onscreen guide said Night of the Lepus even though TCM's Now Playing and its online schedule said Santa Claus. And you're right, Night of the Lepus airs a LOT on TCM Underground. Must be cheap for TCM to buy or lease or whatever it is they do to get the rights to air a movie.

I saw Strange Behavior. It was definitely appropriately titled. Weird!

I happened to leave the TV on when I dozed off after "Kiss Me Deadly" and all I remember was waking up to a huge Easter bunny attacking a man in a bed....then I saw an older, yet still lovely and attractive Janet Leigh in some denim bell bottoms....then I saw 2 men run out of a mine and start blowing it up....and huge eater bunnies everywhere. I get up to wash my face, come back to bed and now a huge easter bunny is attacking a horse. Talk about being creeped out.

> {quote:title=LoveFilmNoir wrote:}{quote}

> I happened to leave the TV on when I dozed off after "Kiss Me Deadly" ....I saw huge eater bunnies everywhere.

>

Did you intend to say "eater bunnies", not "Easter"? How appropriate for this movie!

> {quote:title=musicalnovelty wrote:}{quote}

> > {quote:title=LoveFilmNoir wrote:}{quote}

> > I happened to leave the TV on when I dozed off after "Kiss Me Deadly" ....I saw huge eater bunnies everywhere.

> >

> Did you intend to say "eater bunnies", not "Easter"? How appropriate for this movie!

LOL yes how very appropriate a spelling mistake!

Fedya, I remember seeing Harvey a few times, Harvey would have never taken a bite out of a horse, a carrot yes, but definitely not a thoroughbred!

That movie gave me the creeps!

> {quote:title=voranis wrote:}{quote}

> The TCM online schedule AND Now Playing both say Santa Claus is supposed to air at 2 a.m., but it looks like +Night of the Lepus...

Keep in mind that Now Playing goes to press six or more weeks before the start of that particular month so it won't show any changes. I would usually say that TCM's online schedule is the most up to date and has any last minute changes, but I'm not about to say that anymore.

I've checking the schedules on DirecTV and the local paper's website instead. Strange that TCM can get them the right information, but not its own website.

> {quote:title=markfp2 wrote:}{quote}

> > {quote:title=voranis wrote:}{quote}

> > The TCM online schedule AND Now Playing both say Santa Claus is supposed to air at 2 a.m., but it looks like +Night of the Lepus...

>

> Keep in mind that Now Playing goes to press six or more weeks before the start of that particular month so it won't show any changes. I would usually say that TCM's online schedule is the most up to date and has any last minute changes, but I'm not about to say that anymore.

>

> I've checking the schedules on DirecTV and the local paper's website instead. Strange that TCM can get them the right information, but not its own website.

Welcome to TCM's web site!

You've just noticed that this is indeed a very strange place?

Where TCM's management is wearing blinders, earplugs, and adhesive tape over its mouth.

Something akin to those three famous monkeys.......

incredibull

> {quote:title=markfp2 wrote:}{quote}

> > {quote:title=voranis wrote:}{quote}

> > The TCM online schedule AND Now Playing both say Santa Claus is supposed to air at 2 a.m., but it looks like +Night of the Lepus...

>

> Keep in mind that Now Playing goes to press six or more weeks before the start of that particular month so it won't show any changes. I would usually say that TCM's online schedule is the most up to date and has any last minute changes, but I'm not about to say that anymore.

>

> I've checking the schedules on DirecTV and the local paper's website instead. Strange that TCM can get them the right information, but not its own website.

Oh, I was already aware that Now Playing could be out of date. That's why I included the fact that the online schedule was inaccurate as well in my original post. My point is that the online schedule is still having significant content problems.

As I also said, my satellite guide showed Night of the Lepus playing, so I was already aware that the other services have updated information. I am aware that the satellite, cable, IMDB, Zap2It, TitanTV, SchedulesDirect, etc., etc., guides have the correct information. The point, again, is that the online schedule continues to have significant problems.

You're not the only one that watches Underground.

It absolutely rules, we love it and its watched regularly in our home.

And while I love me some Night of the Lepus, I too found it a bit confounding to see it was screening when my schedule said that Santa Claus was going to be aired. It's okay though; both of these movies have screened in the late Friday night Underground slot in the past six months. No great harm done.