Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

What Have We Learned, Charlie Brown?

Is anybody here a fan of the Charlie Brown cartoons? Has anyone seen "What Have We Learned, Charlie Brown?" where they're traveling through Europe, wind up at Omaha Beach and in a sense 'relive' what the Allies went through when they landed on D-Day? I have NOT seen this cartoon on TV in almost 13 years since Peanuts belonged to Nickelodeon, but now ABC owns the cartoons, and they ain't showing it either.

But, I've got an idea and it may not work but I'm trying it anyway, I went to the website for ABC, went to the contact section, and sent an email requesting they show the cartoon, which was a tribute to the Vets, on Memorial Day...and I know that's coming up soon but some stations have pulled off some unbelievable last minute airings before...and anyway I'm figuring there's strength in numbers and they might be more likely to show it if several people requested it instead of just me. So if there's anybody who would be interested in seeing this Peanuts cartoon that has been all but forgotten for some reason, show on TV again, I'd like to call on them for assistance in emailing requests for it. And if they don't show it for Memorial Day, I'll keep requesting it and try again for Armed Forces Day, but I think this cartoon, which I consider to be more important and worthy of remembrance than "It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown", deserves to be aired on TV again for everyone to see, and the fact alone that it hasn't been on in over a decade, you'd think they could grab a lot of attention from advertising like that alone.

So is there anyone else who thinks this might be worth doing, or am I alone here?

I grew up in the sixties, so I saw those first Charlie Brown specials , and they were very good, fond memories for me. But, as I got older, I lost track of the newer ones, and never have had any kids, so I am ignorant of the later stuff. So, yes, I support your idea, and I'll have to keep that particular episode in mind, I've never seen it.

I know, it's barely even on VHS, they're so hard to come by and usually very expensive. One consolation though is that it is up on Youtube in 3 parts but I really think something like this deserves to be aired on TV again, over a decade and they haven't shown it, that's what I really can't believe.

• 2 months later...

@ GreatMoviesFan:

Nope, you're definitely not alone. I'm a big fan of the Charlie Brown movies and I think it would be wonderful if they showed What Have We Learned, Charlie Brown for Veterans' Day or Memorial Day. It would be a great way to teach kids about the two World Wars. Cartoons can be educational! I think that you should keep requesting this movie. Your persistence may pay off someday. I'll also put in my request for the movie. Veterans' Day is coming up in a couple of months, so we should put in our requests soon.

• 4 months later...

What is the real shame is Warner has the rights to all of the Peanuts specials, and movies. They released most of them then stopped. I did a little checking and unless you want to get in to stuff I shouldn't talk about here. This special isn't available any where expect as a very expensive VHS copy. Which is a total shame.