Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hello!

I'm Farris and I work for Sixthman, TCM's partner for the Classic Cruise. Just wanted to give you a heads up that the pre-sale registration ends tonight at 11:59 EST. Starting tomorrow, dedicated registration times will be emailed to you. This will allow you to book your reservation prior to the public on-sale date of June 1st.

If you have any questions regarding the pre-sale process. Please let me know!

I signed up for presale and received an e-mail stating I would be notified on May 19 (today) when I'll be able to book. I haven't received any e-mail and when I logged in the Sixthman website the date shown when I could book is May 24. Is that because I intend to attend alone and will I have to settle for left overs? Because I know I'm going to have to pay double to avoid sharing a cabin and that seems unfair that I have to wait 5 days to book & I may be bumped altogether.

Hello,

The pre-sale booking time emails are out!

The dates/times are randomly assigned and begin on Monday, May 23rd. Your designated time will be the earliest opportunity to place your reservation using your Sixthman username. The public on-sale date begins on June 1st. If you have any questions, I would be happy to help! - Farris

I'm so crazy excited about this cruise! I attended the Festival in Hollywood last month and I won't

be going to next year's bash. The whole concept of a film festival at sea proved very alluring to me; so I abandoned plans for another 4 days iin LA and signed up for the pre-sale. I got the handicap accessible room that was my first choice. Almost perfect. Why? Think Titanic and Leo and Kate's location during the "I'm king of the world' scene. Yep, as forward in the ship as you can get; but one mitigating perk is that due to a weird configuration, the stateroom is one of two of the largest on Deck 6!

Again, the waiting game for the first annoucements. A short wishlist for Vera Miles, Joanne Woodward, Dwayne Hickman (Down to the Sea in Ships), Sidney Poitier (The Bedford Incidemt),,Jacquelline Bissett and Nick Nolte (The Deep), Gene Hackman (The Poseidon Adventure), etc.

Twenty-six weeks(?) from today. All hands on deck!

• 2 weeks later...

Attention booked guests! If coming to Miami the night before we set sail (12/07/11) make sure to call the Marriott Biscayne Bay for the discounted hotel rate of $125 (plus taxes & fees) just for Classic Cruisers! Use the group code from your confirmation, 1-800-228-9290 or http://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/miabb-miami-marriott-biscayne-bay/. Rooms are at a limited availability so make sure to take advantage if you are interested!

Edited by: vefarris on Jun 8, 2011 11:01 AM

Edited by: vefarris on Jun 8, 2011 11:02 AM

This trip is a real dream come true for me. I really would have loved to go to the Classic Film Festavile in Hollywood, but the trip was a little beyond my means. But, this trip is so wonderfully affordable. Will be flying out of Laguardia, and the flight with taxes/fees is only 229.00 round-trip. Amazing! It's definitely going to be a long 6 months to wait, but it'll be worth the wait to meet Robert & Ben, and hopefully some celebrities. I've never met a movie star before. What a thrill!

I know, shakespeare, I'm excited too. I love going on cruises and I love TCM. It will be great meeting other fans. I tried to get my friends to go but they have a small child and couldn't. I would have gone to the festival in H'wood but the top tier passes sold out quickly and there wasn't enough info about the programming at that time to interest me--I should have just booked based on faith.

I'm just surprised there's not more interest in this cruise on the message boards so far.