Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I am trying to think of the name of a movie that I remember coming on TCM years ago.

The only thing that I really remember about the film is that there was a little girl who either gets hit by a car while riding a bike or walking.

I believe the movie was made in the 40s....

Please help me figure out the name of this film. It's been bugging me for years!

I do not like to respond without the title of a movie, so I was waiting to see if someone else came up with anything. As there has been no response, I will tell you what I have in mind and see if that jogs your, or someone else's memory. The girl is on a bicycle, and is the target of a thug. She is the daughter of a police detective who is putting big pressure on a crime boss. As a precaution, the detective sends his family to stay with relatives. The thug the crime boss has sent to get the family discovers where they are, and goes after the little girl, but I believe he only succeeds in killing himself. The detective's wife comes back to him, not wanting to leave him alone in his time of danger.

Everything works out just fine in the end.

I hope this helps.

Edited by: slaytonf on May 30, 2011 6:41 PM

> {quote:title=Jace89 wrote:}{quote}

> I am trying to think of the name of a movie that I remember coming on TCM years ago.

>

> The only thing that I really remember about the film is that there was a little girl who either gets hit by a car while riding a bike or walking.

>

Could this be it?

THE PHENIX CITY STORY (1955)

Info here:

http://www.tcm.com/tcmdb/title/414187/The-Phenix-City-Story/

Then click on "Read the full synopsis."