Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

This Memorial Day weekend war film lineup

TCM always has a good selection of war films on Veterans Day every November 11 and again on the Memorial Day weekend every year. This year, I thought they did a great job of selecting a real variety of films, including a few I had either never seen before or had not seen in many years. Up Periscope, Paratrooper, Ensign Pulver are a few that I had not seen in quite a long time. Tank Battalion and Screaming Eagles were completly new to me.

Good job this weekend, TCM!!

Thanks TCM for showing SCREAMING EAGLES over the Memorial Day weekend. Haven't seen this film since it was first released in 1956 but I remember that it starred quite a few TV stars from the 1950's. Tom Tryon played Texas John Slaughter for Disney on TV; Jan Merlin was in the TV sci-fi series "Tom Corbett, Space Cadet". Martin Milner starred on "Adam 12" and Pat Conway was the star of the western series "Tombstone Territory". Definitely a "B" war movie with obvious studio sets but I enjoyed seeing it again after all these years.