Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
lydecker

September Schedule Up Yet??

Is the September schedule up yet? I tried using the url which has been posted

to access months ahead schedules and subbed the "09" for the "08" but got

a page which no movies listed.

I thought they were posting new schedules the 1st of the month now??

*I thought they were posting new schedules the 1st of the month now??*

Lydecker,

It doesn't always arrive on the 1st of the month. Sometimes, it arrives very early and there have been months when the link wasn't activated until the middle of the month. But, the bottom line is that they ultimately do get posted.

About a year or so ago, there was an entire thread taking TCM to task for not printing the third month schedule as early as some posters would like. It was a thread that ended up being filled with an incredible sense of self-entitlement by some for what is essentially a courtesy provided to us denizens of the message board. Hopefully, that won't happen here.

No other cable network provides a schedule three months out for their fans. But, TCM does.

The schedule is likely still be worked on (though it will be still be a work in progress when it is posted) and will be available in the next few days.

Sometimes, being patient pays off.

Echoing what lzcutter just said.

I love it when the schedules are up far in advance myself, but I can also be patient.

Just asking, so verbal/written slaps on the wrist to "be patient" are really not necessary.

However, I seem to remember that prior to the recent website upgrade the "2 months ahead" schedules were always available on the 1st of the month since I always looked for them on that date. But, one should be grateful that we even have any "months ahead" schedule since it has taken

a virtual act of God to get them up since the purported "upgrade" to the website.

*"However, I seem to remember that prior to the recent website upgrade the "2 months ahead" schedules were always available on the 1st of the month since I always looked for them on that date."* - lydecker

In the past, one could access upcoming months in full-month layout. That ability is no longer being made available through a link on the website. You can find them through links provided by members of these Forums. TCM has made a decision to provide a link to only the current month in a printable format.

BTW, as you wrote, even in the former format the schedule page only linked to pages "two months out". (June/July/August) One still wouldn't be able to find the September schedule on the "old" pages.

Kyle In Hollywood

*Just asking, so verbal/written slaps on the wrist to "be patient" are really not necessary.*

Lydecker,

Sorry about that. It wasn't meant as a slap on the wrist. It was meant more for the general audience here than for you or anyone in particular.

It's surprising how vocal posters can get about their right (as if it's in the Declaration of Independence) to have the future schedule now:

http://forums.tcm.com/thread.jspa?threadID=152171&start=50&tstart=0

> {quote:title=hlywdkjk wrote:}{quote}

> In the past, one could access upcoming months in full-month layout. That ability is no longer being made available through a link on the website. You can find them through links provided by members of these Forums. TCM has made a decision to provide a link to only the current month in a printable format.

> Kyle In Hollywood

Fine, but where do those members find the links?

*"Fine, but where do those members find the links?"* - SM

Reposted from a different thread -

Here are links to threads from some of the resourceful members of these Forums which include links to future schedules -

July Monthly Schedule Thread -

http://forums.tcm.com/thread.jspa?threadID=159414&tstart=0&messageID=8512403#8512403

(thread includes link to July Schedule)

August Monthly Schedule Thread -

http://forums.tcm.com/thread.jspa?threadID=159577&tstart=0&messageID=8516059#8516059

(thread includes link to August Schedule)

Bear in mind that these early schedules are "works-in-progress" and are subject to change. In fact, they are usually revised a few times as the particular month approaches.

Kyle In Hollywood