Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
arnie13

Ghidora, the Three Headed Monster DELETED

All schedules show Ghidora... has been deleted tomorrow but I cannot find what is replacing it. Does anyone have that info?

I was wondering this too. I just looked at the schedule here on the site and it currently lists it at 11:15 as "Ghidorah, the Three-Headed Monster ( To Be Deleted ) (1964)."

After thinking further, it may just be that the database entry has been deleted.

Not only was it still listed that way in the schedule TCM sent to its subscribers a couple of days ago, it's listed that way on today's online schedule.

LOL -- I figure when I watch the film tonight the title card is going to read "Ghidora, the Three Headed Monster (To Be Deleted)."

Don't you hate it when the title of the movie gives the ending away?

DELETED? Maybe this is why they call him Monster Zero in the "Godzilla vs Monster Zero" movie. What should have been deleted is some of the silly script. Ever noticed these monster battles are nothing no more than a boxing / wrestling matches. Who won the last match? Ghidora flew off, Godzilla and Mothra swam away.

The only thing Mothra ever did was spray silly string.

Since aliens on Planet X hate noise, music from Ozzie Osborne could be used as a nuclear weapon, lol!

Question I like to ask about the plots on 2 of these movies. Why after seeing Godzilla being turned into a skeleton in the Raymond Burr movie by an oxygen destroyer weapon and Rodan being cremated along with his mate at the volcano in the "Rodan" movie, these monsters suddenly reappear in the next sequels with no explanation in the movie how they did so? Something to ponder.

I noticed the reusing of many "Rodan" scenes in the "Godzilla vs Monster Zero" movie. The military always seems to come up with, build and deploy a new weapon in a couple of hours. Imagine the billions of dollars the United States could save, if we did the same thing.

>>Question I like to ask about the plots on 2 of these movies. Why after seeing Godzilla being turned into a skeleton in the Raymond Burr movie by an oxygen destroyer weapon and Rodan being cremated along with his mate at the volcano in the "Rodan" movie, these monsters suddenly reappear in the next sequels with no explanation in the movie how they did so?

It's been almost 50 years since I've seen it, but it's explained in the second of the series, the film released as GIGANTIS THE FIRE MONSTER here in the U.S. In that film he was referred to as another beast of the same species.

The film was titled GODZILLA RAIDS AGAIN in Japan but not having seen it, I'm not sure if they just consider the monster another Godzilla-type or the actual revival of the original beast.

As for Rodan, I don't recall any explanation but if we go back to the Universal monsters of the 30s and 40s, they kept reappearing with as little explanation as possible.

I'm glad that Ghidora did indeed show up un-deleted last night for the first of the Drive-In Double Feature Thursdays. I really enjoyed Robert O's wraps on the Godzilla movies, just the right mix of tongue-in-cheek and trivia. I DVR-ed everything and, in checking them this morning, I was very disappointed that "Dinosaurus!" (how I love movies with exclamation points!) was reduced to a pan&scan 4x3 version of the original CinemaScope presentation. I am thrilled, on the other hand, that the Drive-In movie I was most looking forward to seeing, Valley of Gwangi, was shown in it's true anamorphic format!

Thanks to TCM for this great month (with 15 premieres!) of some great and just plain fun "monster movies!"

I'm not sure about the exclamation points, but THE BLOB, THE 4D MAN and DINOSAURUS, all produced by Jack H. Harris, end with a question mark.

> It's been almost 50 years since I've seen it, but it's explained in the second of the series, the film released as GIGANTIS THE FIRE MONSTER here in the U.S. In that film he was referred to as another beast of the same species.

The way the original Gojira was explained as a belief of the island culture, I figured it was just one of the Monsters from the Id. It makes sense those would come back.

Having Perry Mason do the framing story strained credulity, as I wondered how he kept getting invited along by the military. Also, some of his scenes looked as badly edited in as Robert Walker on the telephone in *My Son, John*.

> {quote:title=hamradio wrote:}{quote}

>

> The only thing Mothra ever did was spray silly string.

>

Mothra invented silly string. And now, you can buy it at the store... :)

Years ago, a campus film group showed two Japanese monster films side-by-side. I believe one was *Destroy All Monsters*, but I've forgotten what the other film was. The strange thing was that the films seemed to be on the same 'schedule.' When the scientists were conferring in one film, they were conferring in the other. When the monsters were ravaging the buildings in one film, they were doing it in the other. When the male lead and his girl friend were having a scene together in one film, they were in the other... I'd say that about 80% of the two films coincided like that!