Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

The Goodbye Girl (1977)

moontan

I don't usually watch romantic comedies, but The Goodbye Girl (1977) was an exception. It had been so long since I had seen it and I was a teenager then. Now in my late forties, I truly enjoyed the movie all over again and from a different perspective. I am a man and I had a tear in my eye at the end of this film. Marsha Mason really was great in this movie. Natural and relaxed. Richard Dreyfuss was fun to watch as a romantic lead. Can't wait to see him in "The Big Valley". Come on directors, let's bring Marsha Mason back into the movies. Would love to see Marsha Mason and Richard Dreyfuss in a movie together again.

• 4 weeks later...

Moontan, I do hope you get to see the episode of The Big Balley where Dreyfus appears. It's quite good, and also features Diane Ladd. But then again, most of the episodes of this Western were great, thanks to the wonderful Ms. Stanwyck. This must have been one of Dreyfus' first acting jobs. He is quite young in this.

Terrence.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived