Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
aimalac91748

"Suggest A Movie" problem

Why is it taking so long to fix the problem with the 'Suggest A Movie' link? Since TCM.com instituted changes to it website quite a few months back, the 'Suggest A Movie' link has disappeared. I wrote and got got no response, but read message board messages from other viewers that TCM was working on the problem and it would be repaired shortly. It is now long past shortly and still nothing. What is the delay and why was it messed with to begin with. Hasn't anyone at TCM.com ever heard "If it ain't broke, don't fix it!"?

*Isn't there someone who can give us an update on the "Suggest A Movie Site"..PLEASE.The last I read was that it would be this June,and it is already the 17th..I would appreciate it so much if I could hear some good news,thank you..nan10*

Nice to finally know it wasn't my fault I couldn't find "Suggest A Movie". I've been thinking I'd gone crazy and imagined it existed. I've been fussing out TCM at the "Contact Us" site for taking it away off my screen, the way they used to block people for being offensive in their movie requests. I thought I was being punished for something I'd written when I vented a couple of times about my Monthly Schedules missing from my emails for months at a time. And on the few occasions I did receive a schedule, it was days too late. I'd already missed nearly a week of films that, GET THIS, I had requested to see ! How do you like that ? ! I'M A COLLECTOR OF THE EMAIL SCHEDULES ! I'M MISSING FEBRUARY, MARCH, APRIL, MAY and JUNE 2011. I NEED ALL OF THEM SENT TO MY EMAIL ASAP ! Bcuz of TCM, I've missed movies they hadn't shown in the four years I've had the channel until I requested them: "Spencer's Mountain", "Susan Slade", "Harlow", "The Lost Weekend" and a few others I can't think of off-hand; never mind three other favorites I didn't have to request (off TCM's own list) : "The Last Challenge", "Witness To Murder" and "Payment Deferred". It's been four years-------- (2007) from the time my area started getting TCM and I'm still waiting for my other requests: "Madame X" (Lana Turner), "Portrait In Black" (Lana Turner), "A Rage To Live" (Suzanne Pleshette), "Death Scream" (Raul Julia), "The Men" (M.Brando), "The Mountain" (Spencer Tracy), "Mahogany" (Diana Ross), "Just Another Girl on the IRT" (Erica O'Neill ?), "Eat A Bowl of Tea" (Russell Wong), "War of the Gargantuas" (Russ Tamblyn), "Marjorie Morningstar" (Natalie Wood), "All The Fine Young Cannibals" (Natalie Wood), "This Property Is Condemned" (Natalie Wood), "The President's Lady" (C.Heston), "Diamondhead" (C.Heston), "Omega Man" (C.Heston), "Scream, Blacula Scream" (T.Rasulala) "Melinda" (the late, Vonetta McGee), "Silkwood" (Cher), "Jungle Fever" (Lynette McKee) and many more to come that I can't think of right now ( I must refer to my 4yr old list ). I'll be ba-a-ck !

*I thought I would try again and ask if the "Suggest a Movie" site will be added back on or not?..It has been some time now and the last comment I saw on here (which was a while back), was that the date to add it back was moved up to June..Well it is now July and so far nothing..Could someone please let me know at least if it will still be added on or if TCM has decided not to bring it back..I would appreciate it so much if you could at least please give me an update.I am sure that many are still interested and would love to see it come back again...Thank you........nan10*

I also HOPE TCM restores " SUGGEST A MOVIE" site and soon - I just missed two Rare 50's SCI FI films I wanted to record - THE MAGNETIC MONSTER & X- THE UNKNOWN Two movies not on DVD and I have been waiting a long time to see them - Hoping TCM will play soon - they do repeat so many other movies over & over again - Hope they can fix this site very soon.... ZD

*I have been told numerous times that* *Suggest a movie' would be brought back.*

*It has been gone such a long time now that I don't believe that will ever happen.*

*I have loved TCM and watched TCM for many years but I find I don't watch it much anymore. It seems many of the movies are aired over and over. At least when we could 'Request movies' we had a chance of seeing something 'Not on DVD' and 'not aired on other channels.'*

*I now feel we have lost the chance to ever see the hard to find classic's and I don' think we'll ever be able to request movies again.*

I truely feel your frustration on this as I also requested many non-DVD movies -in hopes TCM would aire them ( Like The Magnetic Monster ) but they do seem to play the same ones over & over again and I would love to see those rare ones not available on DVD or TV-making them that much more special - No one from TCM seems to come forth and give a real date when " Request A Movie" will return and you are probably right- it probably willnot after all this time -

TCM is a great place to watch movies but how many times can one watch THE LITTLE WOMEN without memorizing the dialog . . . . .

ZD

*Wont you please bring the "Suggest A Movie" site back and not disappoint so many people,including myself.Many of us have been waiting for some time and it would be such a shame if it were not to be added back on..I not only looked forward to posting movies that I really wanted to see,but also enjoyed seeing what movies everyone else posted. I miss it and always enjoyed this site so much..PLEASE BRING IT BACK..Thank you.... nan10*

I agree, I miss the Suggest a Movie site; kept learning about movies I didn't know about. Sadly, it's clear TCM has no interest in its most loyal fans. It's funny, but I'm watching TCM less and less, maybe it's TCM's lack of interest in its viewers - maybe it's only coincidence.