Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

What's your favorite portmanteau film?

In looking up some info on another film, I saw a reference to AMAZON WOMEN ON THE MOON, a film that contained some great segments that were spoofs of old horror films, commercials and public service spots.

There were several others in this vein such as KENTUCKY FRIED MOVIE and THE GROOVE TUBE, but as I recall they came closer to just being a collection of skits.

Interesting you say that. When I mentioned ZIEGFELD'S FOLLIES recently, I think I was trying to assert that it was more than a musical revue with its reliance on comedy segments. But the more I think about it, that picture is really just a hodgepodge of skits and musical interludes...sort of a variety show, not necessarily a portmanteau.

I also like very much where an object is passed from hand to hand and the movie shows the variety of people who possess it and how it affects them.

That's such an interesting concept. TALES OF MANHATTAN is fascinating, as is TV's THE GUN. How could this not be interesting?

I have often thought it would be a wonderful premise for a movie to expand *Man with a Million* (1954) into a movie with episodes showing how a One Million Pound Banknote would change or affect a variety of people.