Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
lydecker

OK, Who HiJacked the Printable Schedules??

> Then someone found some "secret" links to future months, which we used since March. Then those links were disabled last thursday or friday, with an automatic link-back to the current month page.

Those links were disabled last Thursday or Friday at the same time other glitches occurred like the loss of the Reply and Edit words, posting history, quote function and that if you clicked on the big words Message Boards at the top of the page (with the date to the right) from inside any forum page it took you to the TCM Home page.

Since Friday, the majority of those glitches have been fixed and there is no reason to think that the quote function and the "secret" links to July, August and Sept. won't return.

*"Then those "secret" links stopped working last week, around Thursday or Friday. And you STILL keep claiming the links to future months will be restored."* - FCD

I don't think I ever claimed the _website_ would reinstate those links to upcoming schedules. If I did, it was a poor choice of words on my part.

But I am led to believe that the links that others post here in the Forums will become functional once again. And that is what I meant with what I posted below earlier today.

Kyle In Hollywood

*But I am led to believe that*

Oh? What "led you to believe that"? :)

*"Oh? What "led you to believe that"?"* - FCD

"If I told you I'd have to kill you."

Kyle In Hollywood

> Oh? What "led you to believe that"? :)

Never mind, I don't want Kyle to kill me for being logical!

Edited by: lzcutter on Jun 20, 2011 9:13 PM

I didn't ask you, I asked Kyle. Why do you answer for Kyle?

You said on Mar 10:

*-3 Month schedule is coming back,*

Well, that was about 4 months ago and they have never come back.

> Why do you answer for Kyle?

We posted at the same time. When I saw that had happened, I revised my post.

As for the three month schedule, they did return to the schedule page but not to the schedule pull down menu on the banner.

And then last Thursday, glitches occurred that took out a few other functions and the links were broken to the 'secret' printable schedules.

*But* the glitches to the other functions are being repaired and it is logical to think (at least to me) that the 'secret' links will be restored as well.

Whether they return to the schedule pull down menu on the banner and be printable from there is a different problem.

*As for the three month schedule, they did return to the schedule page but not to the schedule pull down menu on the banner.*

They did NOT return the 3 full-month schedule function. THEY DID NOT DO THAT. They added a tedius day by day by day search function which is much too slow to use.

So, they did NOT return the 3 full-month schedule function, and now they've blocked our access to the "secret" links to future months.

Do you understand? We can not see future full months like we could for years until the major board changes made this past March. They downgraded the board in March and they downgraded it again last week.

> They did NOT return the 3 full-month schedule function. THEY DID NOT DO THAT. They added a tedius day by day by day search function which is much too slow to use.

Fred,

My apologies. I use the weekly schedule and did not realize that the month tab was not there on the schedule page.

I understand your frustration and everyone else's. I just don't buy into the number of conspiracy theories that have been posted throughout the forums today.

My point remains that since the glitches to the other functions that occurred last Thursday are being fixed as we speak, I believe the 'secret' link URLs will return as well.

Call me crazy.

*You said on Mar 10:*

-3 Month schedule is coming back,

*"Well, that was about 4 months ago and they have never come back."* - FCD

Nice try Fred. I am flattered you think I am WebAdmin. But I am not. (Renee is probably insulted though.)

(Oops! I thought that was directed to me. I didn't notice you were asking Lynn that question.)

insert edit by kjk

WebAdmin posted what what you partially quoted above.

"-3 Month schedule is coming back, we are working on it (currently it is 2 months)"

http://forums.tcm.com/message.jspa?messageID=8501409#8501409

This was also reposted by 'lzcutter' numerous times during that same time. I may have reposted that info too but don't remember doing so.

What WebAdmin was referring to in the above quote was accessing the TCM listings three months in advance through the daily listings. It was implemented and that is possible today.

Shortly afterwards (about March 17th), WebAdmin posted that the website would not have links to upcoming monthly listings in any format other than the daily listings.

http://forums.tcm.com/message.jspa?messageID=8521689#8521689

Ever since then, it has been apparent to me that TCM would not provide direct links to the future monthly schedules through "official channels" on the website. (In fact, I was one who questioned if they were even there before the upgrade was implemented.)

So I was not one who was claiming the printable schedules would be returning to the site after being told March 17th that it wasn't going to happen. But I did say that I believed that the links ferretted out by members and posted in the Forums would continue to be active. I still believe that to be true and that the inaccessiblity to those pages during the past week is only temporary.

And just to be completely clear, I consider the tcm website to be separate from these Message Boards.

Kyle In Hollywood

Edited by: hlywdkjk on Jun 20, 2011 10:37 PM

*http://forums.tcm.com/message.jspa?messageID=8501409#8501409|http://message.jspa?messageID=8501409#8501409] This was also reposted by 'lzcutter' numerous times during that same time. I may have reposted that info too but don't remember doing so.*

Glad to know I'm not crazy. I'd forgotten I was quoting Renee aka the WebAdmin.

Edited by: lzcutter on Jun 20, 2011 10:19 PM

*And just to be completely clear, I consider the tcm website to be separate from these Message Boards.*

From all that has gone on so far, I agree with you. TCM needs the website in order to conduct certain essential business, but it does not need the message boards. It seems to me that TCM would rather that the message boards just disappear, since they are causing one big, extended headache.

GR

> It seems to me that TCM would rather that the message boards just disappear, since they are causing one big, extended headache.

Apart from the crazy conspiracy theories and such as of late, these message boards, its posters and TCM have weathered worse.

"It was the best of times, it was the worst of times." I think that's the unofficial motto of TCM City and all who post here over a long period of time! :x

lzcutter wrote:

> And then last Thursday, glitches occurred that took out a few other functions and the links were broken to the 'secret' printable schedules.

>

> But the glitches to the other functions are being repaired and it is logical to think (at least to me) that the 'secret' links will be restored as well.

I hate to say it, but to me it is at least as logical to assume that they did away with the "secret links" deliberately, as part of other tweaks they were doing, that produced the true glitches. I hope I'm wrong. But, I don't have a particular conspiracy theory to push.

Edited by: ValentineXavier on Jun 21, 2011 3:35 AM

I stole the schedules. I wanted to know the upcoming movies & did not want to share this info. I wanted to be more popular. :)