Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I was hoping, but. . .

None of the movies tonight was the one from the murk of my past. I only remember one scene. The monster, a brontosaur-like, or is it now apatosaur, or brachiosaur? Anyway. It comes upon an isolated croft in a wild and storm-wracked landscape, perhaps by the sea; in it living a solitary old woman. It snatches her out of it and swallows her, whole. The only image I have is of her sliding into the creatures gullet. Ah well, I suppose I will have to reconcile myself to living with this mystery, and move on.

{font:Times New Roman}Here are two: {font}

{font:Times New Roman}The Beast from 20,000 Fathoms 1953 {font}

{font:Times New Roman}Here: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0045546/{font}

{font:Times New Roman}Or {font}

{font:Times New Roman}The Giant Behemoth 1959{font}

{font:Times New Roman}Here: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0052611/{font}

{font:Times New Roman}vallo{font}

Thanks for the trouble you went to, but those were two of the movies shown last night, and ones I had high hopes for, especially The Giant Behemoth, as it was from England, and I associate the croft with a heathy context.

Maybe. . .I'd have to see the movie. Judging from the poster on imdb (French!: Du Jamais Vu!) it's a fire-breathing Godzilla-like monster. The one I remember is more like the actual Apatosaur. But maybe it's my memory that's monstrous.

Yes, yes. But be generous. You might be just as confused if you woke up 100 million years after you were supposed to be extinct. The image in my mind is of a long neck and the small, light figure sliding to the rear of the mouth. But it is the dim memory of a small child seen on the screen of a Black and White TV with rabbit ear antennas in the days of broadcast analog signals. If Gorgo turns up anywhere, I will take the opportunity of watching it.

Unbeknownst to me, I live in a corner of the universe where OBC is unavailable. So, not only has the chance to remove the one lifelong thorn in my psyche passed me by, I was not even aware of the opportunity I missed. Now I feel all bad. (And no, I am not going to drive up to Los Angeles at midnight on a Saturday night to see it. You can't even get me up there during the day.) Let me know how it turns out. Here's a guess: the monster dies. I wonder if there's a movie where the monster wins?

They're insects, not monsters, but the creatures in *The Hellstrom Chronicle* win.

It's not on DVD, as far as I know, but it is on Youtube: