Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Guest ArgoBimble

Goodbye Black and White

Guest ArgoBimble

TCM is showing fewer and fewer black and white films these days. I guess their aim is to compete with AMC (crap). Hence black and white films will be dropped by November of next year; foreign films will be gone by the end of next summer, and commercial breaks will be slowly introduced, in the manner used by public television. Say goodbye to classic movies.

Guest K, Sandy

ArgoBimble, are these facts or just conjecture upon your part?

Guest Cat, Maggie the

Horsesh*t. You have no facts, no data. And the whole issue of TCM's allegedly imminent AMC-ization has been thoroughly debunked elsewhere on these boards, with actual facts and actual data. Thank you for playing.

Guest Cat, Maggie the

SandyK, the use of the phrase "I guess" would suggest the latter. Y'know, as often as newbies wander in and raise this idiocydespite the fact that it's been rehashed all over these partsmakes me wonder if it isn't the work professional trolls employed by Fox or something.

Guest Dimeo, Nick

Turner owns the rights to the MGM film library, RKO film library, and pre 1950 Warner Brothers film library. Why the hell would he pay extra money to lease out crappy color modern movies while still calling his channel Turner Classic Movies. I wish the misinformed would stop coming on this site and scaring the children!

It should be GOODBYE TECHNICOLOR as well!

Only a handful three-strip Technicolor films, an increasing amount of ridiculous independent post-1956 B&W films (including the horribly trashy BABY DOLL, as condemned by Cardinal Spellman and the Legion of Decency and banned in many cities), more crappy 70s and 80s films with the annoying in-your-face color than the soft-image of Technicolor (thank God there is no 24-hour Christmas Story marathon as on TNT...DEAR GOD, THAT IS TIRESOME AND IRRITATING!), and so on and so on. If I had a lot of money, I would start a channel that only showed films from the major studios produced before 1956 (this includes black & white as well). The only color films are, of course, three-strip Teechnicolor.