Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
TopBilled

TopBilled's latest pick

I want to say thank you for posting when a good movie is going to air. I appreciate it very much. I am looking forward to seeing this.

• Like 1

I want to say thank you for posting when a good movie is going to air. I appreciate it very much. I am looking forward to seeing this.

You are most welcome!

Tomorrow on TCM:

screen-shot-2015-03-18-at-7-50-49-pm.png

MovieCollector's records indicate PARK ROW has not aired on TCM since July 2012. Great film-- one of Sam Fuller's best!

screen-shot-2015-03-18-at-7-51-53-pm.png

• Like 1

15031637201_e97384dcea.jpg

I never miss a Vera Clouzot movie, and since she

only made three, that makes the job a lot easier.

I love Vera, especially in pigtails. L'Amour, toujours

l'amour.

LOL. Sad she died so young........

Yesterday I recommended CHRISTOPHER STRONG. But as I sit here and watch early Hepburn at RKO, I am realizing that BREAK OF HEARTS is my favorite film of hers from this period. I love the music and Hepburn truly has a sweet rapport with Boyer. Beautiful motion picture.

images27.jpg

MovieCollector's records indicate the film has not aired on TCM since August 2004. I figured it must have been a while, because since I started watching TCM in July 2008, I couldn't remember it having been broadcast. So catch this rare showing tomorrow...

imgres38.jpg

Good thing it was released in 1973 because if it has been released today you'd have this instead:

CAHILL, U.S. MARSHALL 

It seems fewer and fewer people know 'marshal' has only one 'L' in it.   

(As an aside:  I wonder when the last time TCM aired "McQ".  Maybe they've never aired it?).

I've gotta remember to check out CAHILL tomorrow.  It's been a while since I've seen it. 

Good thing it was released in 1973 because if it has been released today you'd have this instead:

CAHILL, U.S. MARSHALL 

It seems fewer and fewer people know 'marshal' has only one 'L' in it.   

I will admit I sometimes misspell it and have to look it up.

Tomorrow on TCM:

imgres41.jpg

MovieCollector says THE HOODLUM previously aired on TCM back in December 2012.

imgres-114.jpg

• Like 1

Tomorrow on TCM:

imgres41.jpg

imgres-114.jpg

Second the recommendation.  I recorded and watched that film back in 2010, and it was one of the best silent melodramas I've ever seen.

• Like 1

Second the recommendation.  I recorded and watched that film back in 2010, and it was one of the best silent melodramas I've ever seen.

That would have been its TCM premiere. It has not aired very many times on TCM. It's a rarity.

This reminded me.....

HAS TCM ever shown, or plans to show, the movie

HOODLUM PRIEST?

And incidentally, my "spell-check" only corrected the fact that I didn't CAPITALIZE "MARSHALL", which IT shows with two "L'S"  I'll be in the basement checking with my two old WEBSTER'S when I leave out of here!

Sepiatone

Has TCM ever shown, or plans to show, the movie

HOODLUM PRIEST?

It's coming up on May 4th. You can request TCM to send you an email reminder. Not sure how many times it has aired in the past. MovieCollector might be able to tell you...

Tomorrow on TCM:

imgres41.jpg

imgres-114.jpg

I am looking forward to THE HOODLUM.

I very much enjoy movies from the silent era but I had never seen a movie starring Mary Pickford until I saw THE POOR LITTLE RICH GIRL when it aired on TCM in November as part of the spotlight on silent screen stars.

I was captivated by that movie and especially by Mary Pickford's performance.

She was around 25 when she made that movie, but she was totally convincing as an 11-year-old.

Of course the illusion was aided by the fact that we could not hear her voice.

PS. THE HOODLUM PRIEST aired one evening along with some other Don Murray movies. It might have been on one of the times when BUS STOP was shown. Don Murray was the only one of Marilyn Monroe's male co-stars who was able to match her sexiness. 

UPDATE:

Checking my Webster's...AND the Funk&Wagnall's, "MARSHAL is spelled with only ONE "L"!

However, the NAME "Marshall", whether or not either first or last, is spelled with TWO "L's".

I used to work with a guy whose first name was MARSHALL!

TOP----Thanks for the HOODLUM PRIEST tip!

Sepiatone

TOP----Thanks for the HOODLUM PRIEST tip!

Sepiatone

You're welcome. Hope you get a chance to watch/record it.

Tomorrow on TCM:

joan-torch-4.jpg

TORCH SONG aired recently, in December 2014. But this is a film that is always worth another look.

imgres-115.jpg

Joan Crawford in "blackface"? :o

Uh.....I dunno..............

Doesn't do it for you, eh? I agree it is somewhat cringeworthy. But the performances are uniformly good in TORCH SONG. Marjorie Rambeau, who plays Crawford's mother, is especially sharp and earned an Oscar nomination.

Tomorrow on TCM:

imgres46.jpg

THE IN-LAWS last aired on TCM in December 2011.

What a fun movie! Arkin and Falk are great together.

• Like 1

Tomorrow on TCM:

imgres47.jpg

Last aired on TCM all the way back in May 2005. It was one of Robert Young's last features before turning full-time to television.

imgres-116.jpg

I like it on CHICKEN WINGS!! :lol:

Seriously, I've been a sort of Chris Jones fan since his "Jesse James" TV show days.

I've seen CHUBASCO many years ago, and it wasn't too bad.  Some compared Jones to JAMES DEAN back then.  I also recall seeing Jones in one or two of those American International "biker" movies back in the late '60's.

Sepiatone

I like it on CHICKEN WINGS!! :lol:

Seriously, I've been a sort of Chris Jones fan since his "Jesse James" TV show days.

I've seen CHUBASCO many years ago, and it wasn't too bad.  Some compared Jones to JAMES DEAN back then.  I also recall seeing Jones in one or two of those American International "biker" movies back in the late '60's.

Sepiatone

Yes, what a beautiful man he was. Apparently, he quit Hollywood after fighting with David Lean on the set of RYAN'S DAUGHTER. Not sure how much truth there is to the story. But he did not have a long screen career.