Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
LuckyDan

Clips of your favorite scenes

Desi (Arnaz) fainting at the sight of Lucy (Ball) in Too Many Girls is my favorite scene i just love it (followed by the other clip in this video of Desi staring lovingly at Lucy as she “sings”) 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Since today is May the 10th, a film clip in honor of Fred Astaire's birthday! My favorite Fred dances were usually the ones where he was showing his incredible musicality. This one is a compilation of Gershwin tunes from A DAMSEL IN DISTRESS.

• Thanks 1

Irving Berlin was born on this day, May the 11th, in 1888. In honor of him.... Cheek To Cheek from TOP HAT!

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, sagebrush said:

Irving Berlin was born on this day, May the 11th, in 1888. In honor of him.... Cheek To Cheek from TOP HAT!

Thanks for that info.   Now I know what song should be the focus of practice today!  

(and Check to Check is a fun song to play because unlike most standards it has 3 unique sections).    

• Like 1

On this day, May the 12th in 1907, Katherine Hepburn was born. In her honor, one of my favorite scenes with her and Cary Grant from BRINGING UP BABY.

• Haha 1

exceptional topic!   1st that comes to mind is inception of *"THE GODFATHER" (l972)  "Angels With Dirty Faces" (l938-WB's) last image of Rocky Sullivan)  There are a ton of 'em though   Also among my personal picks is 1 sequence between *TRACY & *HEPBURN, when he has the classic line "Not Much Meat On "ER, BUT WHATS THERE IS CHERSE" unquote & of course the endings of both "Black Riock"-(beginning)  & "Inherit the Wind"-(it's final scene where *Tracy-(Clarence Darrow aka Henry Drummond is alone in  that small courtroom. Like McQueen & him, they would tear pages out of the script

LESS WAS MORE ON CAMERA *racy always said

WSteve would literally tear up a lot of the scripts & his patended reaction was "I'm Better When I Don't Talk" unquote

The opening of "KANE"   Opening of *"WATER

On ‎5‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 4:03 PM, sagebrush said:

On this day, May the 12th in 1907, Katherine Hepburn was born. In her honor, one of my favorite scenes with her and Cary Grant from BRINGING UP BABY.

"SWININ' DOOR SUZIE" First saw this on old B & W tv & never forget it!  I may have been 10

On ‎5‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 4:03 PM, sagebrush said:

Its despicable that Cary, only garned (2) shots at the coveted Best Actor statue?   I know off the top of my head on most 85yrs of the *Oscar who & what were, or should not truly were "SNUBED" for that year

His 2 nods 1941's "Penny Serenade" (***1/2) but very, very sad & 1944's terrific WW@ drama "None But the Lonely Heart" (RKO) (***1/2) As *Billy Wilder said Hollywood during that era refused to acknowledge a gangster picture, as far as Best Actress was concerned-(not even Cody Jarrett) Eddie G., in "Little Caesar" *Muni in "Scarface" & more  But, Archie Leach truly deserved attention for "The Awful Truth"-(SEARCH OFFICIAL NOMINEES & SEE WHAT I MEAN FOR THESE YEARS)   "His Girl Friday" (1940-Columbia)-(his finest hour), "Arsenic & Old Lace" (l944-WB's)-(he gets my vote for the win for this brilliantly comedic work her! He thought Jack Benny instead shoulda' played this famous role though?)

As for *Kate, earned a dozen noms.) but "Baby" also deserved Golden Attention

• Like 1

Just now, spence said:

rIts despicable that Cary, only garnered (2) shots at the coveted Best Actor statue?   I know off the top of my head on most 85yrs of the *Oscar who & what were, or should not truly were "SNUBED" for that year

His 2 nods 1941's "Penny Serenade" (***1/2) but very, very sad & 1944's terrific WW@ drama "None But the Lonely Heart" (RKO) (***1/2) As *Billy Wilder said Hollywood during that era refused to acknowledge a gangster picture, as far as Best Actress was concerned-(not even Cody Jarrett) Eddie G., in "Little Caesar" *Muni in "Scarface" & more  But, Archie Leach truly deserved attention for "The Awful Truth"-(SEARCH OFFICIAL NOMINEES & SEE WHAT I MEAN FOR THESE YEARS)   "His Girl Friday" (1940-Columbia)-(his finest hour), "Arsenic & Old Lace" (l944-WB's)-(he gets my vote for the win for this brilliantly comedic work her! He thought Jack Benny instead shoulda' played this famous role though?)

As for *Kate, earned a dozen noms.) but "Baby" also deserved Golden Attention

She for yrs used her brother's birthdate-(Nov 8th, same as mine), killed himself hanging in the basement. Then she came through &vsaid yrs later it was May 12th, 1907

On ‎5‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 8:12 PM, jamesjazzguitar said:

Thanks for that info.   Now I know what song should be the focus of practice today!  

(and Check to Check is a fun song to play because unlike most standards it has 3 unique sections).    

& inside RKO Radio Studios, all but one-(l949 at MGM) of their 10 were filmed inside  But, they really were not close friends

On ‎5‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 8:12 PM, jamesjazzguitar said:

& it also won the *Oscar

On ‎4‎/‎29‎/‎2018 at 12:33 AM, JakeHolman said:

Actually shot mostly in Venice Beach

On ‎4‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 10:50 AM, JakeHolman said:

& just think both *Steiger & Mitchum passed on the legendary role

On ‎5‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 7:14 PM, sagebrush said:

Since today is May the 10th, a film clip in honor of Fred Astaire's birthday! My favorite Fred dances were usually the ones where he was showing his incredible musicality. This one is a compilation of Gershwin tunes from A DAMSEL IN DISTRESS.

Musical took home Best Dance-Director that last year the *AMPAS gave it away

On ‎4‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 10:48 AM, JakeHolman said:

Ever catch the flat, mediocre & boring 1980's tv movie of him dying>? (**-out of four)

James Mason was born on this day, May the 15th, in 1907. I love this TV clip of him and Joan Hackett from a televised version of REBECCA. I like Mason's Maxim de Winter. He plays him a bit more approachable than Laurence Olivier did.

Also, the wonderful Joseph Cotton was born on this day as well, in 1905. I love his cold, calculated expression and voice in this short clip from SHADOW OF A DOUBT.

• Like 1

In honor of Henry Fonda, who was born on May the 16th, 1905, my favorite film clip of him. He just seemed destined to play the role of Tom Joad in THE GRAPES OF WRATH.

• Like 1

sagebrush, a big thanx of the clips   Can you locate some of NATALIE, TRACY, SINATRA?

& as most agree for decades now *Henry shoulda'; "Walked Down-the-Aisle" for his immortal Tom Joad?

But as you know *Jimmy Stewart surprisingly to many present won instead for "P. Story" instead   HECK, even *Stewart said he voted for his friend   A marvelous work as well, but not legendary

There were no Globes until 1943 & they voted "Grapes" BP, *Stewart Best actor & *Kate in "P. Story" with the fairly new NYFCC

6 hours ago, sagebrush said:

In honor of Henry Fonda, who was born on May the 16th, 1905, my favorite film clip of him. He just seemed destined to play the role of Tom Joad in THE GRAPES OF WRATH.

Ironically all of *Ford's AMPAS victories were for non westerns? & won 2 more for his WW@ docu's-(6)

On ‎5‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 8:12 PM, sagebrush said:

James Mason was born on this day, May the 15th, in 1907. I love this TV clip of him and Joan Hackett from a televised version of REBECCA. I like Mason's Maxim de Winter. He plays him a bit more approachable than Laurence Olivier did.

Also, the wonderful Joseph Cotton was born on this day as well, in 1905. I love his cold, calculated expression and voice in this short clip from SHADOW OF A DOUBT.

Used to know a fella that really lived in SANTA  ROSA & from his pix it looked like a time machine-(you can easily check oiut his sites at (cinemcom.com by Simon Cherpitel) Since thenm for some rational he moved to Tenn instead?

"Shadow…" has long been rumored **** Hitch's favorite film