Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
LuckyDan

Clips of your favorite scenes

Frank Sinatra was born on this day, Dec 12th, in 1915.

My very favorite song he ever sang was "I Fall In Love Too Easily" from ANCHORS AWEIGH.

• Like 1

Irene Dunne was so hilarious in THE AWFUL TRUTH. In celebration of her birthday, December 20th (the year seems to depend on where you get your info)"My Dreams Are Gone With The Wind" from the film.

• Like 1

Carol Reed was born on this day, December 30th, in 1906.

One of my favorite Reed film scenes is the introduction of Harry Lime in THE THIRD MAN.

Fun fact: the co-producer, David O. Selznick, wanted Noel Coward to play the role of Lime. Hmmm...

My favorite ballet dance scenes always seem to be those in which the dancer is not wearing Pointe Shoes.

The very lovely Moira Shearer was born on this day, January 17th, in 1926. She is so beautiful in this scene from THE STORY OF THREE LOVES. She almost looks as though she is floating.

One of my favorite modern day actors, Simon Pegg, was born on this day, February 14th, in 1970.

I laughed so hard the first time I saw SHAUN OF THE DEAD, I was nearly crying. The record toss scene is priceless!

The great John Barrymore was born on this day, February 14th, in 1882.

I love this video of a recording of Barrymore reciting from HAMLET.

One of my favorite dancers, Vera-Ellen, was born on this day, February 16th, in 1921. In celebration of her, a dance number not usually shown in clips of Vera-Ellen's dance sequences. the "Sadie Thompson number" from LOVE HAPPY.

On ‎12‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 11:34 AM, JakeHolman said:

Finest theatrical version-(but overall back around 1986/86 on late night talk radio local host bo

oght I his own collection on tapes, one if which 1938's w/ *Oscar winner Lionel Barrymore-(no John) & Lionel used to deliever this come hell or high each &very everychristmas over a few radios' IT WAS THE KWANE OF THEMALL!  Sadly, it was his swan song, maybe because of THE WAY?   On a very personal note & may sound corney, very next night Ilistened to another heavyweight 1938 tape, something called "WAR OF THE WORLDS" & yes, with *ORSON! Was given a gift of cognac, huge tree up in living room, never even had a Christmas it's like ever again, nor will probably like to eter   given my health   THANKS

Many film historians have insisted Sim was ignored by his AMPAS peers for at least a nomi9nation, what do you think?

Best Actor:

*Humphtrey Bogart in "The African Queen" (WINNER IS A HUGE UPSET, telling all *Marlon would win)

Brando in A Streetcar Named Desire"-(MY WINNER & CHANGED THE FACE OF FILM ACTOR & AT BARELY 27!)

Richard Burton, "The Robe"

^ Montgomery Clift in "From Here to Eternity"(TRIVIA first meant for Aldo Ray & Wallach as Maggio!, but 3 people interviend, AVA, COHN & JOHNNY ROSSELLI)

On ‎2‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 9:45 PM, JakeHolman said:

(**1.2)  pretty good Cooper western, just not among his best  Apparatently your fAn of his, huh? KEEP IN TOUCH, LOTS OFJAZZ TO GO BACK & 4rth ON OT ONLY HIM-(eranked 11th in AFI';s 2--yrs...1-- Stars" 9ll99 poll   Did you know the off place he chose to be buried?

On ‎2‎/‎14‎/‎2019 at 7:40 PM, sagebrush said:

The great John Barrymore was born on this day, February 14th, in 1882.

I love this video of a recording of Barrymore reciting from HAMLET.

Only work I found JOHN superbly brillist is was 1934 Hawks screwball comedy "TWENIETH CENTURY"\" opposite almost an aqually nuts & tragic LONBARD

His brother more more steady actor

• Thanks 1

On ‎2‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 9:08 PM, JakeHolman said:

(***) but 1970;s superb, yet crazy :LItlle Big Horn" off the charts! Especialy Mulligaqn as Custer

• Like 1

Robert Donat was born on this day, March 18th, in 1905. I wish he had made more films. He had such a musical voice. I love this recording he made of him reciting poems from T.S. Elliot's "Old Possum's Book Of Practical Cats."

In celebration of Leslie Howard, who was born on this day, April 3rd, in 1893, a very funny scene from IT'S LOVE I'M AFTER with Bette Davis and Olivia de Havilland. 

• Like 1

The wonderful Harold Lloyd was born on this day, April 20th, in 1893.

One of my favorite Lloyd clips is from his film WHY WORRY, trying to pull a tooth from giant man Colosso's mouth.