Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

How come TCM hasn't had any "TCM Remembers" for Edith Fellows? I was hoping for something. At least a day of her movies. She was a great little actress especially in "Pennies From Heaven". I don't consider her a minor player and I expected more from TCM!

She is another one unfortunately forgotten. For every Liz Taylor, there are a dozen Edith Fellows.

I agree that she was an important talent in Hollywood.

But...she didn't transition into adult roles, she didn't have 16 husbands, she wasn't Michael Jackson's friend, she didn't sell perfume and she didn't try to stop the spread of a disease. LOL

• Like 2

[~beatlefreakme],

Edith is a favorite child star of mine and I have a nice photo and movie collection on her.

Edith made all her child movies at Columbia and, this a reason why TCM has not made a day for her. They have shown some of her movies tho, in past times like "She Married Her Boss" and "Pennies From Heaven " and ,a real favorite of mine, "And So They Were Married".

They also have shown " The Five Little Peppers " movies.

There are a few real rare ones that have never been shown and I have wished so much that TCM chould get these or, that Columbia's MOD program would get them released. They did release her

rare one, "City Streets" on DVD-R and, I had written Columbia please release These 3 real rare

ones of Edith's and they are ""Tugboat Princess", "Little Miss Roughneck" and "The Little Adventuress". I have wanted these 3 for so very long. I really hope Columbia will release these on DVD or, let TCM show them.

I am glad to know that You, [~beatlefreakme], like Edith too.

Unfortunately, most people have never heard of her and I think they reserve those segments for people who actually were stars or that the filmgoing public has heard of.

Despite her talent, she never really became a star. To remotely compare her to Elizabeth Taylor, as one poster did, is beyond silly.

best,

Terry

• 2 years later...

I only recently discovered Edith Fellows' film career and think she was a marvelously talented and very natural actress. I just did a FB page on her under Edith Fellows-actor/director. I too am looking for THE LITTLE ADVENTURESS and LITTLE MISS ROUGHNECK, in addition to several others. Really liked PENNIES and the 4 PEPPER films.

"I only recently discovered Edith Fellows' film career and think she was a marvelously talented and very natural actress. I just did a FB page on her under Edith Fellows-actor/director. I too am looking for THE LITTLE ADVENTURESS and LITTLE MISS ROUGHNECK, in addition to several others. Really liked PENNIES and the 4 PEPPER films".

Hi ShockDoc,

So nice to know another who also likes Edith Fellows. I have been wanting TUGBOAT PRINCESS and LITTLE MISS ROUGHNECK and THE LITTLE ADVENTURESS for so long and, it seems no one has these. I think Columbia never made these into 16MM prints and that's why they have never been available from collectors.

I have several of her other Columbia films but, these 3 titles that I have wanted since forever seem to be films that are lost forever and, I hope that Sony will look into releasing these 3 films to DVD. They did release CITY STREETS several years ago, and this was also one I had wanted, along with the other 3 titles but, Sony has not released any more.

I keep hoping they will surface soon!!!

• 4 years later...
On 7/15/2011 at 2:25 PM, TopBilled said:

She is another one unfortunately forgotten. For every Liz Taylor, there are a dozen Edith Fellows.

I agree that she was an important talent in Hollywood.

But...she didn't transition into adult roles, she didn't have 16 husbands, she wasn't Michael Jackson's friend, she didn't sell perfume and she didn't try to stop the spread of a disease. LOL

Uh, well said, TB!

She was great in "Mrs. Wiggs of the Cabbage Patch" though and other child roles. I would love to see some of her other films in a TCM remembrance day. Maybe they could have a day with all child stars?

• Like 2
7 minutes ago, CaveGirl said:

Uh, well said, TB!

She was great in "Mrs. Wiggs of the Cabbage Patch" though and other child roles. I would love to see some of her other films in a TCM remembrance day. Maybe they could have a day with all child stars?

Yes, I like that idea very much, CG.

• Thanks 1