Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

A belated thank you from Scotland!

JonMelville

Dear TCM Gang,

Firstly, apologies for taking so long to post on the forum after the TCM Festival 2011. I don't have any good excuses apart from having a busy few months and the fact that time seems to slip away so quickly when you're not paying attention!

I had a fantastic time in Hollywood and met some amazing people. Waiting in line to watch a film has never been so interesting, with people happy to chat about the next film or about what they had just watched or were planning to watch: it was never dull!

Thanks to Kyle and everyone else who made me so welcome (and my girlfriend when she managed to get a ticket!), it made travelling so far a much less daunting experience.

I wrote about the event for my local newspaper and you can read the full round-up here http://jonathanmelville.wordpress.com/2011/05/13/tcm-classic-film-festival-2011/

I hope I can get back for the 2012 event and I'll try to keep an eye on this Board over the coming months - the fact we don't have a decent TCM in the UK means I'm not on here as much as I should be.

Speak soon,

Jon

Hi Jon -

It's good to see you around here once again.

Glad to know you and your lovely girlfriend had a fine time in Los Angeles at the TCM Classic Film Festival this Spring. And it would be fun to see you again in 2012.

As a momento, here's a photo from the Festival Website that you might like to see -

2011 TCM Film Festival - JMelville

(Photo Courtesy TCM and E. Pio Roda)

One can't miss ya there on the right.

Best to you both,

Kyle In Hollywood

• 2 months later...

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings