Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
TopBilled

Which day in August are you most looking forward to on TCM?

Well if ya ask me,i like John Garfield. Friday day 5.He's the man! I'll have 4 of my DVDR's working on that day so that none are overworked. :) No need to "gush" nuff said. JR.

If ya think 4 is a lot, i know of some guy who owns something like 15-20 DVDR's maybe more! He sure must like 'em a LOT because he rarely misses a chance to tell everybody all about them! :^0 JR

You're probably talking about Talkietime. I have two DVDRs, with 160GB HDDs, and two two-tuner DVRs, with 250GB HDDs. They capture far more than I have time to watch. That's part of why I don't sympathize with those who complain that TCM shows a few films that 'don't belong' on TCM. I mean, really, they show so much worth watching, who can watch all they'd like to?

I love Charles Laughton. His voice is so beautiful and his charcter is unique. I remember the first time I saw him- in "Witness for the Prosecution". I want to thank TCM for having a whole day devoted to him. And then there is Elsa Lanchester, the most quirky, fascinating actor I know. Please plan a day for her, TCM. I ordered both of their biographies, and plan on spending my vacation reading about them. This is my first post, so don't yell at me if I'm not responsive to your thread. I saw Mr Laughton's name and had to jump in. I breath and love classic movies./dweizel

I'm guessing the swap in Bellamy and Laughton dates had something to do with programming "Essentials Jr.", though this now results in Cary Grant being featured in two consecutive "Essentials Jr." features ("His GIrl Friday" on Aug. 14, "Gunga Din" on Aug. 21).

Thank you. I've always wondered how to pronounce her name, now I have it as she did. I'm looking forward to really discovering her on her day. With so many fans I must really be missing something.

I think the Laughton-Bellamy switch is the only real change on the schedule, and all the films remain in-tact.

*I think the Laughton-Bellamy switch is the only real change on the schedule, and all the films remain in-tact.*

Not having seen the provisional schedules, I can't vouch for this, but a poster here stated that HOTEL FOR WOMEN had been pencilled in for Linda Darnell's SUTS, but that is definitely not on the schedule for August 27.

Hi Johnny,

It's me audrey. Please email me. Yes, a day of silents!

I finally was able to log on to foreverg..!

Audrey:)

My two favorite times of year for movie watching are August for "Summer Under the Stars" and February for "31 Days of Oscar"! Thanks to the TCM programmers for scheduling these great events! Keep them coming!