Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
ayresorchids

Out of Africa Trailer Music

Hi there. I have a question about a trailer for the film Out of Africa.

I know that trailers were/are made so early in production that they often contain different takes and soundtracks written for other projects, so it is fun, especially if one is familiar with the movie, to look at them (and listen to them) carefully.

Viewing this trailer, I find that the music used in the un-narrated part of it (evidently before John Barry's sumptuous score had been completed) is very familiar to me. Can anyone tell me whether it ended up in the soundtrack of another movie?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1a8Y0IbK42k

Over the first 34 seconds or so, right you are. Do you know about the electronic music that starts at about 35 seconds into the trailer?

> Do you know about the electronic music that starts at about 35 seconds into the trailer?

My guess would be it was a piece by Vangelis who was very popular with film makers back then.

Thanks to jazman-6 of the IMDb "I Need to Know" forum, I've learned that the music is by Mark Isham:

{font:Verdana, Arial, sans-serif}

{font}

Thanks, everyone!