Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Ben tonight for SUTS

I am watching a few of the Ann Dvorak flicks I DVR'd...so I am not watching TCM live tonight.

Maybe Ben is trying to come up with enough different suits for each night of the month. He should just change the ties...the ties are what catch my eye. I love those ties, and I want some.

> {quote:title=TCMWebAdmin wrote:}{quote}Aw Jonny, ya gotta do better than that if you want to be locked.

>

> And Beat the Devil was released in 1953 in Europe. Which counts.

Then why'd you lock the other thread? There was nothing offensive going on there, perfectly civil (and rather humorous) conversation.

ps- It so does not count that it was released in Europe in 1953.

Who is the fashion guru who says that blue and black are not supposed to be mixed?. Obviously, the Carolina Panthers, my cycling team, and Ben are not followers of this guru.( I assume that the guru is not the Maheesh Maharishi Yogi, whose gurudom extended to many things, but not fashion)

Has anyone else noticed that Ben's intros and outros seem to be in High Def now? I only watch TCMHD when I am watching a letter-boxed film, so I don't see it that often. But, while watching *The Last Picture Show* on the DVR, in HD, it sure looked like Ben was in true HD, not the upscaled SD that the films are in.

• 2 weeks later...

It's been exactly a month since Ben started in prime time, doing the "wrap-arounds" ( is that the right word?) for the Star of the Month features.

Looks like now that it's September, a whole new line-up of hosts will be filling in for Robert Osborne. i think this should be interesting, and I look forward to the guest hosts presentations, but I will miss Ben. Does this mean he'll just go back to the weekend daytime intros?

As some here may know, I'm a big fan of Ben Mankiewicz', and am kind of sorry that he'll be around less this month. Oh, and by the way, ( ]:) ) while I like Ben regardless of his choice of apparel, I actually liked it better when he had the goatee and the more casual clothes. I thought that look suited him better. I never saw anything wrong with jeans and a shirt without tie, as long as they were "nice". As for some people suggesting he looked like he needed a bath, come on, just because someone's not wearing a suit and tie doesn't mean they look unkempt.

I liked the old Ben look. But, scruffy or formal, I hope he continues his increased presence on TCM.

> {quote:title=misswonderly wrote:}{quote}As some here may know, I'm a big fan of Ben Mankiewicz', and am kind of sorry that he'll be around less this month. Oh, and by the way, ( ]:) ) while I like Ben regardless of his choice of apparel, I actually liked it better when he had the goatee and the more casual clothes. I thought that look suited him better.

I agree. I like the old Ben without the perfectly-coiffed "do."

I hear people say all the time, " he/she looks like they need a bath" (not about me, I hasten to add.)

People often think that if someone is not dressed up, if they're wearing old clothes, they must be in need of some personal hygene treatment. ( Not that Ben wore old clothes even in his scruffier days.)

As for commenting about anyone on TCM, none of us are in a position to make the above recommendation, since we can only see them, we cannot smell them ( unless TCM finds a way to use John Waters' "Smell-o-rama" process. :| )