Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

The Seven Degrees of Paul Newman

pturman

Kathleen Crowley was in Downhill Racer with Robert Redford,

who was in Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid and The Sting with Paul Newman.

(P.S. Steve Reeves was in Hercules and Hercules Unchained with Sylvia Koscina, who was in The Secret War of Harry Frigg with Paul Newman.)

Next: Scatman Crothers

Hi chaya, not to be a party-pooper here, but just reminding you of the rules of Seven Degrees as set forth by its creator, pturman:

"It must be actors who appeared in movies with him (no directors or screenwriters or producers)."  So Ron Howard (if referenced as a director) and The Andy Griffith Show (as a TV show) are not really kosher ingredients.

Also, this kind of thing

On 7/4/2021 at 6:47 AM, chaya bat woof woof said:

Beatty is the brother of Shirley M., who was in What A Way to Go with Paul Newman.

doesn't qualify as a "degree of separation" in film terms, even though it would be one in real life (i.e. this wouldn't be useable in Six Degrees of Kevin Bacon, either).  The actors in question have to have actually appeared in the same film.

Not trying to harsh your mellow...just want to be fair to everyone else who's been playing by stricter rules.  I realize the original rules on some other threads have had a natural tendency to morph over time, but that doesn't seem to be the case here.

I'm happy to credit your answer for now--just keep the above in mind for future reference.  Thanks + take care--  🙂

• Like 1

Beatty still works.  He was in The Fortune with Nicholson, who was in Terms of Endearment with Shirley Mc., who was in What A Way to Go with Newman.

Okay, for Tom Hulce.  He was in Parenthood with Jason Robards, Jr., who was in All The President's Men with Redford, who was in The Sting and Butch & Sundance with Newman.

Thank you Fausterlisz.  I will try to keep it kosher and avoid traif (non-kosher).  Just a bit of humor.

You take care also.

• Thanks 1

Ursula Andress was in 4 for Texas (1973) with Charles Bronson.

Charles Bronson was in The Sandpiper (1965) with Elizabeth Taylor.

Elizabeth Taylor was in Cat on a Hot Tin Roof (1958) with Paul Newman.

Next: Richard Benedict

• Like 1