Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

"The Unfaithful" (1947): Rarity Noir.

Are not men the prime interest as far as "welcome to my nightmare" in every other noir? Seems that way to me.

Joyful to see TCM aired it the other night...at midnight in my village, making it all the better.

But the hooks for me in this gem: as I say, this time the female isn't merely deadly poison, she is the ordinary person caught in a vortex.

You can taste Jerry Wald's touches here, and Vincent Sherman adds to his reputation as a woman's director.

I'll watch anything Zachary Scott. And wasn't stalwart Jerome Cowan energetic as the revenge prosecutor?

I love this movie. Reasons why: the story is really good, and zachary scott, eve arden, steven geray, and i adore ann sheridan. Warner Brothers 1940's films are so appealing to me and WB had a great stable of stars to put in these dramas.

...the moment when Marta Mitrovich discovers her husband has been murdered by Ann Sheridan: that happens on the little railroad on Bunker Hill, Los Angeles...Angels Flight!

Google it...electricearl.com and several sites documenting the 2-car railroad that maintains an historic legacy in film, especially noir! So many "black moments" on the Hill St. transport.

(for some reason, the train lends itself perfectly to noir, but never comedy.)

I started a thread on it in general discussions a few days ago, but it garnered very little traction.