Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Warner Brothers

slappy3500

I think what we need is a WBCM channel. It seems that tons of old Warner films never get played and/or unavailable on DVD. Two of my faves, which I have not seen in decades are " Inferno" with Robert Ryan and Rhonda Fleming, and "Dark of the Sun" with Rod Taylor and Yvette Mimiux. "DOTS" has been described as a "guilty pleasure" by both Martin Scorsese and Quento Tarrentino. It features Rod Taylor as a mercenary on a mission to rescue a town full of refugees during the Katanga revolt in the Congo during the mid 60's. Although it was criticized as very violent for it's time, it is mild by today's standards (and by the ACTUAL brutal violence in the Congo during the period). It's such a shame that some films are repeated ad nausem everywhere, but other good films never get airplay. Not a new complaint THERE.

We already have a Warner's classic film channel. It's called Turner Classic Movies. I can't imagine another channel doing as good a job since they have just about all the Warner titles available. When TCM shows films made by other studios, it's just the icing on the cake. True they may not be showing every title made by Warners for various reasons (legal, print quality, etc.) but they sure do a great job. Of course, I wouldn't mind seeing a TCM2 channel.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

yes warner owns the movie snowfire from 1958 which should be ran again it's not been on tv since the 70's.

it's time tcm you ran this movie please.

warner bros is goofy not to release more older movies on dvd don't they know that they would sell?

what can people do to convince them to put snowfire and all the other ones meantioned in this thread on dvd?

Archived