Jump to content
 
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

The Left Side of Claudette Colbert's Face


Recommended Posts

On 8/15/2011 at 6:29 PM, MovieGal53 said:

We've been speaking about female stars who were particular in the way they were filmed but what about male stars?

 

There had to have been a few who chose one side of their face over the other.

John Barrymore yielded to Greta Garbo in Grand Hotel as their best profile was on the same side!

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Ya know, I was just thinking here that MAYBE there's something inherent in the genes of anyone named "Colbert" which might contribute to their asymmetrical appearance.

Uh-huh, 'cause STEPHEN Colbert has that funny shaped right ear of HIS and which he himself has called "elfin", ya know.

SEE?!...

stephen-colbert-40920-1-402.jpg

(...of course then again, Stephen doesn't seem to be all that self-conscious about his ear and evidently unlike Claudette was about her nose...funny though, I would have always thought she would've been much MORE self-conscious about those big pinchable apple cheeks o' hers)

;)

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Vautrin said:

Hey, how about equal time for the old Colbert has no neck thingee.

Well yeah, there WAS always that TOO of course.

(...but isn't that just sort of an offshoot of what the newbie jland1025 observed about her on the previous page???)

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, sewhite2000 said:

Wow! What a difference!

That's right. It's no wonder she insisted on being photographed from the left in her kissing scenes.

Here's an out-take of a love scene with Gable in which Claudette got annoyed when she saw they were photographing her from the right.

ad0aed93c7385dc00576efdb0e1d9b43.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, TomJH said:

That's right. It's no wonder she insisted on being photographed from the left in her kissing scenes.

Here's an out-take of a love scene with Gable in which Claudette got annoyed when she saw they were photographing her from the right.

ad0aed93c7385dc00576efdb0e1d9b43.jpg

Then all I can say is thank god Capra decided to go with that whole "Walls of Jericho" scene in that flick instead, Tom!

(...of course I suppose this could've been cut from Boom Town too, huh)

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Dargo said:

Then all I can say is thank god Capra decided to go with that whole "Walls of Jericho" scene in that flick instead, Tom!

(...of course I suppose this could've been cut from Boom Town too, huh)

If you don't recognize Gable in that shot that's because they were photographing him on his bad side, as well.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, TomJH said:

If you don't recognize Gable in that shot that's because they were photographing him on his bad side, as well.

Yeah, the side without the mustache, evidently.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Dargo said:

Well yeah, there WAS always that TOO of course.

(...but isn't that just sort of an offshoot of what the newbie jland1025 observed about her on the previous page???)

I've never noticed that she seemed bent over. Hey, whatever.

Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Vautrin said:

I've never noticed that she seemed bent over. Hey, whatever.

Oh, so you're sayin' you never saw that cameo she did in Moon Over Miami then, eh?!

Uh-huh. Why do you think they named the film that? Nope, it wasn't Betty Grable who does that in that flick, dude, nor Don Ameche either.

Supposedly it was after a bet Claudette made with her bad-side movie double Shemp Howard one day on the set of It Happened One Afternoon(never released, and why you don't remember it) and after he dared her to do it, and she being one to never turn down a dare.....

(...well, you get the picture)

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Vautrin said:

Hey, how about equal time for the old Colbert has no neck thingee.

YES!!! I'd ring your neck if you had one!!!!! :DDDDDDDDDD  (Noel Coward) He directed her in a TV production of Blithe Spirit in the 50s....

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Dargo said:

Oh, so you're sayin' you never saw that cameo she did in Moon Over Miami then, eh?!

Uh-huh. Why do you think they named the film that? Nope, it wasn't Betty Grable who does that in that flick, dude, nor Don Ameche either.

Supposedly it was after a bet Claudette made with her bad-side movie double Shemp Howard one day on the set of It Happened One Afternoon(never released, and why you don't remember it) and after he dared her to do it, and she being one to never turn down a dare.....

(...well, you get the picture)

Moon Over Miami isn't really my kind of movie. Why not have her moon someone in

Cleopatra? There's already a lot showing anyway. Sorry, I'm a Curly fan. It Happened

Once, After Noon.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, RipMurdock said:

I was just thinking about this while watching her the other day. But I also was thinkjing about if her eyebrows are painted on. They seem clownlike at least to me.

 

hqdefault.jpg

"Clownlike? How do you like that? I must have spent at least an hour working on those brows!"

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
© 2020 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings
×
×
  • Create New...