Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Name 10 Facts about this Movie

4.  This was director Henry Kostner's last movie.  He did not enjoy his experience on this movie:  "...it was impossible to work with the  producer.  We couldn't get along because of his constant friction with the star, Debbie Reynolds, who didn't want him to come on the set.  The producer insisted he be on the set and she'd walk out. I was in between.  We finally finished the  picture, and I never saw it.  I never wanted to see it."

14 hours ago, Det Jim McLeod said:

3) The real Singing Nun sang all her songs in her native Belgian, Debbie Reynolds sings the songs in English in the movie.

The real Singing Nun was indeed Belgian, but her native language was French, one of the official languages of Belgium.

• Thanks 1

8.  The real singing nun left her convent in 1966 . Afterwards, her record company wouldn't let her use her professional moniker "The Singing Nun."

10. Reportedly,  Pearl Bailey, Nichelle Nichols, and Dorothy Dandridge tested for the role of Sister Mary.  The role went to Juanita Moore .

• 2 weeks later...