Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

A Barrymore's Star of the Month suggested!

CFM,

Congrats on your phone conversation. It is all good news.

Just wanted to let you know that animated gifs such as the one in this thread and your Robert O Returns thread can, ultimately, render the thread impossible to open over time.

While more modern message boards have no problems with animated gifs, the software that powers this board is not as forgiving and can cause problems just opening a thread.

• 7 months later...

Has anyone heard if there is any chance of this suggestion from last September being realized? Now that Drew Barrymore is co-host on The Essentials, you would think that the idea of having a month long tribute to her legendary acting family might become a reality.

Tom,

Charlie Tabesh told me today that they are currently discussing potential stars-of-the-month for 2013 and that my Barrymores suggestion is under consideration. He reiterated that it's definitely a great idea and that even if they didn't do it in 2013, that they will definitely do it at some point. happy0144.gif

. . . even if they didn't do it in 2013??? Well, I'm glad they plan on doing it some year, ClassicFilmMan, though that's not exactly the answer I was hoping for.

Nevertheless, congratulations on suggesting it to them (and doing a followup, as well) and one day we Barrymore fans may hopefully see it come true. State's Attorney, where are you?

I agree with you, Tom. My suggestion to you and to everybody else that would like to see my Barrymore's Star of the Month suggestion come to fruition is to contact Charlie at TCM and let him know how you feel.

I can’t give you his private email address, but you could contact him at the main email address of tcm@turner.com and put it to the attention of Charlie Tabesh. happy0034.gif

Thanks for the suggestion, ClassicFilmMan, and I've done it.

Where's Drew Barrymore? She may have a little influence with Charlie, as well. There are probably films of her family that TCM could show that would be first time experiences for her, as well.