Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Did not receive Film Fest 2012 announcement email

Conster

Was there an email on 9-28 announcing the 2012 edition of TCM's Classic Film Festival?

Very concerned that I may miss the alumni ticket purchase announcement. It would be tragic since we've so loved the past two years at the Festival. Rechecked email settings - have TCM in the address book. Any suggestions to be sure the mail gets through? Signed up for the festival email newsletter again. Your help will be much appreciated.

Cordially,

Constance Crump

Ann Arbor, Michigan

Conster -

Sorry the to hear the Festival email didn't arrive. Hopefully "signing up" again will fix the problem.

If you want, the contents of the email (and more) can be read on the website here -

http://www.tcm.com/this-month/movie-news.html?id=450891&name=Third-Annual-TCM-Classic-Film-Festival-Set-for-April-12-15-2012&banner=1

Kyle In Hollywood

• 1 month later...

I'm having the exact same problem!! I haven't gotten a 2012 film festival related email. I re-entered my email on the site, but nothing. I also attended the previous 2 festivals and don't know what's going on this year.

I'd be heartbroken if I missed a pre-sale, if there is one. And I love getting the email updates instead of checking twitter or facebook (which I have been doing obsessively).

I've emailed support@tcm.com and filmfestival@tcm.com, but haven't gotten a response. If anyone has any luck remedying this problem please let me know! Thanks

FYI as of 12:30 PM ET Sunday 11/5/2011 I still have yet to receive ANY emails from TCM re TCMFF 2012.

I am leaning towards either

1) downgrading my pass from 2011 or

2) not buying a pass at all and just doing other things in LA while the fest is on -- my transportation is bought & paid for and my room is booked -- and maybe only going standby to a film or two.

I'd hate to see TCM lose the hundreds of dollars I pay just for the pass (not to mention the additional money I spend on TCM and guest merchandise which is not an insignificant amount of money) but if they're more interested in getting newbies attending than 'dancing' with the fans who have brought them this far, well then I have other options for spending money in Hollywood & Los Angeles I can exercise. In economic times like these I prefer to spend money where it is appreciated and sorry, but right now I'm not feeling appreciated by the organizers of TCMFF 2012

What action I choose to take will depend on when (and if) I receive any emails from TCM regarding TCMFF 2012. But I will make my decision no later than when the passes first go onsale to the public i.e. November 9th 2011 at 10am Eastern Time.

{font:Arial}Hi all,

{font}

{font:Arial}Communicating with TCM’s fans and previous festival attendees is a priority, and we want to make sure that those who have registered for festival updates receive them. If you have signed up to receive newsletters and updates for the festival you are automatically included in the distribution list for each newsletter and announcement delivered. However, for various reasons (volume of emails, security), some internet service providers (ISPs) block our messages. We make every attempt to maximize delivery of our messages while ensuring that we comply with anti-spam laws and regulations. When an ISP rejects a message sent by TCM, our internal mail system reviews the rejection and, based on policies implemented by TCM to maintain compliance with the law, must add recipients to a suppression list. This means that an ISP can block emails without the intended recipient’s permission or knowledge. This deactivation, or suppression list, is created due to an action that has been taken by the ISP, and is not directly initiated by the intended recipient or TCM. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused and understand why some fans may be frustrated.

{font}

If you have registered for festival emails and have confirmed that your expected emails from TCM are not in your Spam folder, you can contact us at filmfestival@tcm.com and we will take the following actions in an effort to try and ensure you receive our announcements. Upon request, we can manually remove your email address from the automatic suppression list, however removing an email address from the suppression list does not guarantee that your ISP will not block our correspondence to you again. We find that adding our email address, mailings@email.tcm.com to your address book may help your ISP identify our emails and deliver them to your mailbox. While there is no guarantee that messages will be delivered, we will continue to do our best to ensure timely and accurate delivery of correspondence to our fans that want to receive them.

{font:Arial}

In addition to the festival emails, we encourage our fans to continue to look for late breaking festival announcements on our festival website, tcm.com/festival, on our Facebook page and on Twitter (@tcm, @tcmfilmfest).

{font}

If you have additional questions about festival emails, or have other festival questions, please feel free to contact us at filmfestival@tcm.com and we will be happy to assist you.

TCM Classic Film Festival

Edited by: TCMFilmFestival on Nov 8, 2011 11:44 AM

Edited by: TCMFilmFestival on Nov 8, 2011 11:44 AM

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings