Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

TCM Family Recipes

rohanaka

I love smoked ribs.There is a lot of  good BBQ in and around KC and everyone has their own way of fixing them. If I am fixing at home, I usually  just cook them (really low and slow) in the oven, because I don't have the patience to deal with all that smoke, etc. Have never tried using soda pop, though. But I have heard of it. Sounds delish. 

Meanwhile: 

1 1/2 cups cherry cola-I'll bet Dr. Pepper works too.

Now THOSE are some ingredients I can get behind and go shopping for! (Non-alcoholic and scrutiny free)  :D

I love smoked ribs.There is a lot of  good BBQ in and around KC and everyone has their own way of fixing them. If I am fixing at home, I usually  just cook them (really low and slow) in the oven, because I don't have the patience to deal with all that smoke, etc. Have never tried using soda pop, though. But I have heard of it. Sounds delish. 

Meanwhile: 

1 1/2 cups cherry cola-I'll bet Dr. Pepper works too.

Now THOSE are some ingredients I can get behind and go shopping for! (Non-alcoholic and scrutiny free)   :D

I wonder if the cherry cola is for flavor, a glaze or both. Soda with real sugar makes a good ham glaze - I know that one!

scrutinyfree, scrutinyfree, brawwkk! scrutinyfree, that''s u s !, brawwk!

As the original poster of the thread.. and a resident teetotaler.. ha.. I would have to object. I  mean.. wouldn't want to start any rumors or anything about how I suddenly turned in my membership card to the "Carrie Nation Saloon Bashing Club" (or would that be an ax instead of a club?)   :)

Having said that. I have had a few dishes prepared in similar fashion to those being described here and I do agree.. some are truly delicious. :)  So I guess others should feel free to imbibe. I'll save my liquor consumption for the pasta. 

I thought I was the resident teetotaler. Never drank a drop in my life, but do use wine and liquor in cooking. And I cook it to DEATH to make sure every last drop of alcohol is gone and nothing's left but the sugars. I feel terrible every time I have to purchase more. Just used the last of my sherry in an olive oil cake this morning.

• Like 1

scrutinyfree, scrutinyfree

Ha, yes, Kid. It's the only way to shop. :D

Patful says:

I thought I was the resident teetotaler

There are a few of us around, I am sure. (But not likely many with quite so pristine a record as you, though. Never? Wowsa.)  

I confess to having tried a few mixed beverages in my early twenties..but well.. that was a long, long time ago.More than half a lifetime ago, ha. (And many, many gallons of iced tea and Dr. Pepper ago, too,  I am sure) ha.

Meanwhile, I have never in my life even heard of an Olive Oil Cake. Is it sweet, savory, or some sort of combination thereof?? Inquiring minds wanna know. :) 

I have never in my life even heard of an Olive Oil Cake. Is it sweet, savory, or some sort of combination thereof?? Inquiring minds wanna know

Eggs, oil, and a little sugar. Not too sweet unless you top it with overly-sweetened goodies. Google "Anne Burrell" and "olive oil cake". It's at Food Network. I leave out the mascarpone in the topping. It has overtaken my beloved carrot cake as my favorite. I don't even need any topping on it.

• Like 1

Sorry, Wouldbestar, but that's no way to cook spareribs. You should not cut them into into sections, but leave them as whole slabs. Smoke them, with hickory or mesquite chunks, away from the fire, on a closed charcoal grill, for two or three hours. Use the vents to keep the fire low, so they don't overcook, and get dry. After they are almost done, baste them with a thick sauce. Fan the fire, so it gets hotter, open all the vents, and put the lid back on. If your lid only has one vent, put it over the ribs. Continue to cook, until the sauce begins to darken, maybe 1/2 hour. It's best to use a rib rack, for more even cooking, keeping the sauce on the ribs not the grill, and saving space inside the BBQ. And the sauce you list might taste good, but it is much too thin.

Sans Fin, I don't dispute what you say about cooking with vodka. But, I usually want to add flavor, so I use wine or beer a lot. I.E. I use N.egro Modelo beer in my chili. I also use Mezcal, and dark Jamaican rum in some of my sauces. Many foodstuffs are fat or alcohol soluble. Most things dissolved by one are dissolved by the other. Capsaicin, the hot stuff in chilis, is dissolved by both. The interesting difference is that when your tongue is hot, oils will lift it out, while alcohol will make it penetrate more. So, if the heat builds up, sour cream, held in your mouth for a bit will provide relief, but a swig of hard liquor will just make it worse. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

If you're making Cole slaw tomorrow you might try this. 

1 package slaw mix-I like tri-color.
1/2 cup mayonnaise or Miracle Whip
2 Tbsp. vinegar
2 Tbsps. sugar

Mix the sugar and vinegar together then wisk in the mayonnaise.  Coat the slaw mix with the dressing and let stand for an hour or so.

The recipe says to use white vinegar and sugar but as I usually have neither I use cider vinegar and light brown sugar.  I get compliments on it so I'll stick with choices.

Weather you are having to start Independence Day early because of Arthur or are waiting for tomorrow may it be a safe and happy one for you all.  Please remember why we have one in the first place; despite the turmoil we keep having it's still the greatest country on Earth.  

• 4 weeks later...
I just made this one up the other night and surprised myself

Vegetable Lasagna

Note: You can use instant lasagna noodles or, as I did, parboil regular noodles the night before. I boiled the noodles for 9 minutes then, using the casserole dish they were to be baked in the next day, I layered 1 sheet of plastic wrap - 3 noodles (not touching - do not overlap) - layer of plastic - 3 noodles.. until all noodles are used. Cover last layer of noodles with plastic and refrigerate overnight. Do not rinse noodles. Do not oil the wrap or noodles! They will not stick.

Next day:  Remove dish, lift out all noodles, oil dish and set aside while you prepare ingredients. If you're using instant noodles you can skip the whole parboiling procedure and just assemble everything in one day at the same time.

1 - 16 oz package lasagna noodles

1 - Pkg frozen chopped spinach (squeeze all water out)

2 - Zucchini 1/4-inch sliced

3 - Plum tomatoes 1/4-inch sliced

1 - Onion - finely chopped

2 - Cloves minced garlic

2 - Large eggs

1 - Cup grated Romano cheese

2 - Cups low fat ricotta cheese (buy a large container in case you need extra)

1/4 Cup water

3/4 Cup Monterey Jack or favorite low fat cheese - grated

Oregano - dried

Thyme - dried

Black pepper - freshly ground

Extra virgin olive oil

Preheat oven to 375 degrees

Sauté the onion and garlic in a little olive oil until tender

Add zucchini and cook until slightly softened

Add spinach and heat through

Remove from heat - cover bottom of casserole dish with 1/2 cup of veggie mixture

In a bowl mix ricotta, water, eggs, remaining veggie mixture and 3/4 cup lowfat Monterey Jack cheese and whip it good. 

Layer 4 or 5 noodles over veggies in dish, spread thin layer of veggie/ricotta mix over noodles, layer 12 slices of tomatoes evenly spaced, sprinkle with grated Romano, pepper, a little thyme and oregano - repeat until all noodles are used.

Cover last layer of noodles with remaining veggie/ricotta then sprinkle with grated Romano. Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes. Remove foil and bake until top is light golden brown. About 10-20 min more.

If you didn't use too much cheese, this will be ready to eat right out of the oven. Otherwise, let cool for about 30 minutes to let it tighten up a bit. Grate fresh Romano over each serving.

This is one of those dishes that seems to develop more flavor the longer it's kept as a leftover in the fridge. My next attempt at this will involve different veggies (healthier choices) and eggplant in place of noodles.

I just made this one up the other night and surprised myself

Vegetable Lasagna

Note: You can use instant lasagna noodles or, as I did, parboil regular noodles the night before. I boiled the noodles for 9 minutes then, using the casserole dish they were to be baked in the next day, I layered 1 sheet of plastic wrap - 3 noodles (not touching - do not overlap) - layer of plastic - 3 noodles.. until all noodles are used. Cover last layer of noodles with plastic and refrigerate overnight. Do not rinse noodles. Do not oil the wrap or noodles! They will not stick.

Next day:  Remove dish, lift out all noodles, oil dish and set aside while you prepare ingredients. If you're using instant noodles you can skip the whole parboiling procedure and just assemble everything in one day at the same time.

1 - 16 oz package lasagna noodles
1 - Pkg frozen chopped spinach (squeeze all water out)
2 - Zucchini 1/4-inch sliced
3 - Plum tomatoes 1/4-inch sliced
1 - Onion - finely chopped
2 - Cloves minced garlic
2 - Large eggs
1 - Cup grated Romano cheese
2 - Cups low fat ricotta cheese (buy a large container in case you need extra)
1/4 Cup water
3/4 Cup Monterey Jack or favorite low fat cheese - grated
Oregano - dried
Thyme - dried
Black pepper - freshly ground
Extra virgin olive oil

Preheat oven to 375 degrees

Sauté the onion and garlic in a little olive oil until tender

Add zucchini and cook until slightly softened

Add spinach and heat through

Remove from heat - cover bottom of casserole dish with 1/2 cup of veggie mixture

In a bowl mix ricotta, water, eggs, remaining veggie mixture and 3/4 cup lowfat Monterey Jack cheese and whip it good. 

Layer 4 or 5 noodles over veggies in dish, spread thin layer of veggie/ricotta mix over noodles, layer 12 slices of tomatoes evenly spaced, sprinkle with grated Romano, pepper, a little thyme and oregano - repeat until all noodles are used.

Cover last layer of noodles with remaining veggie/ricotta then sprinkle with grated Romano. Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes. Remove foil and bake until top is light golden brown. About 10-20 min more.

If you didn't use too much cheese, this will be ready to eat right out of the oven. Otherwise, let cool for about 30 minutes to let it tighten up a bit. Grate fresh Romano over each serving.

This is one of those dishes that seems to develop more flavor the longer it's kept as a leftover in the fridge. My next attempt at this will involve different veggies (healthier choices) and eggplant in place of noodles.

You might wish to put in some frozen peas.    This is how my wife does it and she learned it from her grandmother in Italy. 

You might wish to put in some frozen peas.    This is how my wife does it and she learned it from her grandmother in Italy. 

That is a good idea - I will try those. I will also substitute collard greens for the spinach. Yum! Thanks.

I'm funny where peas are concerned. I can't stand to eat them as a stand alone dish, but I like them mixed with other vegetables.

I never precook my lasagna noodles. I have never tried it with a cream based sauce, only the standard tomato based meat sauce, but that is just because that's what my family prefers. (we are pretty "traditional" when it comes to what we think of for lasagna) I confess it took me a while to figure out the right way to do it, so that they cook properly. It basically comes down to the right amount of sauce and the length of time it cooks. There was a lot of trial and error.. but I found a system that worked for me and I stick with it. Probably would never win any awards, ha. but we like it well enough at home. :) 

I never precook my lasagna noodles. I have never tried it with a cream based sauce, only the standard tomato based meat sauce, but that is just because that's what my family prefers. (we are pretty "traditional" when it comes to what we think of for lasagna) I confess it took me a while to figure out the right way to do it, so that they cook properly. It basically comes down to the right amount of sauce and the length of time it cooks. There was a lot of trial and error.. but I found a system that worked for me and I stick with it. Probably would never win any awards, ha. but we like it well enough at home. :)

And that's perfect! :)

It's difficult for me to not put too much sauce or cheese in because it always looks like too little, but I know it'll be a mess if I do - so I've learned to hold back. This is the first time I precooked my noodles. This was a matter of economics as the instant noodles were about three times the cost of regular noodles - I refused to waste my money on that, so I gave it a go on my own and got lucky with the timing.

those instant noodles do cost more. I just buy the regular kind.. but ha.. I do confess that it did take me a good while and several "misses" before I got good at "eyeballing" how much sauce was too much or too little to make this work with the regular packaged noodles. Some folks let it all sit in the fridge overnight (my sister in law does) but I just kept "messing" with it because I am too much of an 'instant gratification" kinda gal.. ha. If I mix up my lasagna I don't want to have to wait a day to eat it. :D  It will work without having to wait all day or night for them to soak, if you use a little more sauce than usual and cook it slower (a little less heat and half of the time covered and half of the time uncovered) But too much sauce or too little cooking time.. and it's a soupy mess, for sure. 

This is how my grandmother taught me to make casserole with noodles:

Noodles:

1 cup flour

1/4 teaspoon salt

1 large egg

1 tablespoon water

Mix flour and salt in deep bowl. Make hole in center.

Beat egg and add water. 

Pour egg and water into hole in flour. 

Work flour into egg to make dough. 

Knead dough for ten minutes. 

Let dough rest in quiet place for twenty minutes.

Roll dough as thick as a horse rein. That is approx. one-eighth-inch. 

Flour dish cloths and place noodles on cloth to dry for twenty minutes. 

Slice into strips as wide as a cigarette is long. That is approx. three inches.

Dust strips with flour.

Roll up sideways loosely so that the roll is as long as the strip began.

Cut as wide as a cigarette. This is approx. one-third-inch.

Dust with flour and stir to make them unroll.

Let rest in quiet place while you bring water in large pot to a boil from cold.

Add salt to water.

Boil noodles until slightly firm when bitten.

Drain and rinse with cool water.

Meat:

1/2 pound ham

Butter

Slice ham at thick as a horse rein. This is approx. one-eighth-inch.

Slice into strips as long as a cigarette. This is approx. three inches.

Slice strips into pieces as wide as a cigarette. This is approx. one-third-inch.

Slice trimmings to comparable size.

Melt butter in pan.

Fry ham until slightly brown on all sides.

Dairy:

2 cups farmers cheese

2 eggs

1/4 cup cream

Mix all together. Season with salt and large amount of pepper.

Topping:

Breadcrumbs

1/4 cup butter

Melt butter and heat until just before it begins to turn brown.

Add breadcrumbs while stirring until it is like sand. This may need as little as one-fourth cup breadcrumbs or up to one-half cup breadcrumbs depending on breadcrumbs. Mixing in a little from rye or black bread is nice but do not use only those as breadcrumbs.

Assembly:

Stir ham into noodles.

Mix well.

Add dairy to noodles and ham.

Mix well with fingers.

Put into casserole dish.

Sprinkle top with breadcrumbs.

Bake at 350° for half hour.

It is not possible for me to find true farmers cheese here. I have used cottage cheese and ricotta cheese and they have been acceptable but need slightly less cream.

• Like 2

I did some tinkering with my previous recipe using sliced eggplant in lieu of noodles and.. it's way healthier but registers a severe drop on the ol' taste-0-meter. So.. a third variant was called for and this one is a big winner.

Variation on a theme: Vegetarian Lasagna (This one gets 5 stars)

1 - 16 oz box Regular lasagna noodles - boiled 8 minutes and removed from heat
1 - Large white onion - diced
1 - 8 oz pkg White mushrooms - diced
6 - cloves garlic - grated or pressed
2 - medium zucchini - thinly sliced
2 - 14 oz cans Collard greens - unseasoned - all water squeezed out and reserved
2 - 24 oz pkg Cottage cheese
1 - 12 oz can Chipotle peppers in adobe sauce - sliced into strips - all sauce and seeds rinsed away
3 - Large eggs - whipped
2 - 6 to 8 oz pkgs Provolone cheese - sliced into 1 x 3 inch strips
Extra virgin olive oil
Fresh Romano cheese - grated
1 - tbsp dried oregano
1 - tsp dried thyme
Freshly ground black pepper
Salt
Kitchen blender
Lasagna baking dish
Aluminum foil

Preheat oven to 375 degrees - oil bottom and sides of baking dish

Add 1 pkg cottage cheese to blender with half of reserved collards water. Blend until smooth and creamy - pour into large bowl. Repeat with second cottage cheese and remaining collards water. Add collards to cheese in bowl. Add eggs and blend well.

Add olive oil to large pan. Add onions, mushrooms, garlic, zucchini and a couple pinches of salt - sauté until softened and mushrooms are browned.  Add 1 Cup of this veggie mix to bottom of baking dish and spread thinly - no need to cover bottom. Add remaining mix to cheese in bowl - mix well.

Layer four noodles in baking dish slightly overlapping as first layer. Spread thin layer of cheese mixture over noodles. Add 10-12 strips of chipotle about 2 inches apart. Add 12 strips of provolone on a bias like this     / / / / / /
         / / / / / /

Repeat with second layer adding ground pepper and sprinkling with oregano and thyme on this layer only. Repeat until noodles are used up. Top with a slighly thicker layer of cheese mixture.

Cover with foil and bake for 35 minutes. Uncover and continue baking for another 20-30 minutes until top turns golden brown.

You can eat this right out of the oven but it's best to let cool for at least 30 minutes or overnight in the fridge - it's great warmed over in the microwave the next day. Just grate some fresh Romano over it while you are eating.

I now return you to your regularly scheduled pizza.

• 4 months later...

Jake's Chili...

1 lb. ground beef

1 cup chopped onion

1 minced garlic clove

2 tablespoons chili powder

1 1/2 teaspoon salt

1 16 oz can red kidney or pinto beans

2 cups water

1 cup ketchup

Brown ground beef, onion and garlic. Add chili powder, salt, beans, water and ketchup. Cover and simmer 1 - 4 hours. Thickens as it cooks.

I use a crock pot, too and all I do is brown the beef and throw in the rest of the ingredients. Let it cook 6 to 8 hours on low.

The more you have to cook for the more ingredients.

Happy New Year

• 2 weeks later...
Three months ago, I decided to give up gluten in my diet - greatly reduce it, anyway. I'm also frugal where food is concerned, so instead of just dumping the half-empty bag of flour in the trash I decided to use up the remainder in a homemade "farewell to pasta" recipe.

1 Cup Organic Whole Wheat Flour

1 Large Sweet Potato - skin on - cubed, boiled and drained - soft enough to make whipped potatoes

1/4 Cup Flax Seeds - ground to a powder

1 Large Egg

1 Large Garlic Clove - finely grated or pressed

-  -  I grind my flax seeds in a small electric coffee grinder - turns them into dust

Place all ingredients in a large bowl and mix by hand. Sprinkle with flour as you go to reduce stickiness and bring it all together - knead into a fairly dry ball that no longer sticks to your hand.

Cut off small slices and hand roll into long snakes. Make these as long and thin as you like. Cut into desired lengths and add to boiling, salted water. Ten minutes will do, but longer won't hurt. Drain and add your favorite sauce or gravy.

I cut my pasta into 1-inch lengths before boiling. I add these to a sweet bell pepper/chipotle soup made earlier - a 50/50 mix, so it's fairly dense with pasta.

• 2 months later...

Peanut Butter Cookies (cure for the munchies)

1 stick of butter or margarine

1/2 cup peanut butter

1/2 cup sugar

1/2 brown sugar

1 egg

1 1/4 cups flour

1/4 teaspoon soda

1/2 teaspoon baking powder

1/4 salt

Mix wet ingredients with sugars. Blend in the rest and chill. Bake at 375 for 10 minutes until set but not hard.  

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

My sister has been researching our family on Ancestry and discovered that my Mother's surname is German Jewish even though the family has been Catholic since the 1830's which is as far back as she has been able to trace our history in America.  She plans to sign up for the international version and see where this leads back in Germany. We both think this is pretty cool especially since Easter and Passover collide this week-end. Since I love apples I am making a big batch of Charoset, a staple for the Seder meal, for sundown Friday and Easter.  This is the recipe I'm using.  SHALOM!     

Charoset
1 cup walnuts
1 cup raisins
½ cup fresh orange juice
¼ cup kosher red wine
¼ cup honey
1 teaspon finely grated lemon zest
½ teaspoon cinnamon
Kosher salt
2 crisp apples

Heat oven to 350 degrees.  Spread the walnuts in a rimmed baking sheet and toast in oven, tossing occasionally until fragrant, 8 to 10 minutes.  Let cool, then thoroughly chop.

Meanwhile, combine the raisins and orange juice in a small saucepan; simmer over medium-low heat until most of the liquid is absorbed, 5 to 7 minutes.  Let cool, then stir in the wine, honey, lemon zest, cinnamon and ¼ teaspoon salt.

In a large bowl, combine the apples and walnuts with the raisin mixture and toss to combine.  Cover and let sit for at least four hours.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
Last week, I made a bacon, cheese, potato soup ... I don't know if I should post it here - it's the 

most UN-healthy recipe I've ever made. If you can withstand an assault of sodium, saturated fat, 

and calories... BUT! ... put up with incredible flavor and creaminess, here goes:

1 pound smoked, thick slice bacon - cut into 1/2-inch pieces

1 medium-sized sweet onion - diced

6 tablespoons flour

2  32 - ounce containers low-sodium chicken broth (8 cups)

6 pounds red potatoes (skin on) - 1/2-inch dice

3 cups shredded cheddar cheese grated on large hole side of box grater (the sharpest cheddar you can find)

4 cups whole milk (I used instant non-fat reconstituted with water)

1/2 pint heavy whipping cream

1/4 cup bacon bits

1 electric blender

Optional:

1/2 stick of real salted butter (for sweet cream flavor)

1 chipotle chili pepper (canned in adobo sauce - for a teeny bit of tanginess)

---------------------------------------------------------

In large stock pot, cook bacon over medium-high heat until browned but not crunchy-crispy. Remove 

bacon to paper towels to drain, leaving all grease in pot.

Add onion to bacon grease, cooking over medium heat until softened.

Stir in flour. Continue cooking for several minutes, stirring constantly.

Slowly stir in chicken broth. Add potatoes. Bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer and cook until potatoes are soft enough to bite through, but still a bit firm. No mushy potatoes here.. Stir frequently, from the bottom up.

Turn off heat

Remove half of the broth-potato mixture from stock pot and blend in electric blender. This may require two or more small batches. Add just enough MILK to allow the blender to operate. This should resemble thin whipped potatoes when done. Optional: On the last batch, add 1 large chipotle pepper and blend well. Pour blended mixture(s) into a second pot or large bowl. Reserve any remaining milk.

Add grated cheese to stock pot and stir until well blended. Add remaining milk. Add blender mixture 

of broth, potatoes, and milk - stir well. Add cream, bacon bits, drained bacon, and (optional) butter - stir until butter is completely melted. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

You can eat this right away, but it gets better after a couple days in the fridge. Makes about 12 

servings - which is about 6 soup bowls.

I made two stock pots of this and it only lasted 2 days. I can't eat this again or my heart will divorce me.

Enjoy!

:)

• Like 2

This week, I'm modifying the bacon, cheese, potato soup.. I'm making my 2 stock pots and replacing the potatoes with boiled cauliflower, which has 75% fewer calories, and cubed chicken pieces leftover from making stock. That's a lot of calories when you're replacing 15 pounds of potatoes with a like amount of cauliflower and skinless chicken.

I made 6 quarts of my own (virtually) sodium-free/fat-free chicken stock - this will reduce the overall sodium count by half. Now, a bowl of 2 servings will go from roughly 1,200+ mg/sodium down to around 600 mg.

This should taste (almost) exactly like the potato version, but will differ ever so slightly in texture. You may not even notice if you're not aware of the substitutions.

annndd... we're off!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Update:

The chicken stock came out exceptionally well. The cauliflower worked well - it has imparted an earthy, mild cabbage-like flavor - it made the soup creamy, but not as thick as I'd like.. so I'm whipping up a small roux to give this some more body. 

After 6 hours in the fridge, the flavors have melded and that cabbage-like flavor has disappeared.

A note: If you try this, and replace the potato with cauliflower and chicken, cook the cauliflower separately and discard the water. Then use your blender to blend all of it with the milk. It'll look like whipped cream when done. Just mix that in with the rest of the finished soup to thicken it a bit.

I'm making my 2 stock pots and replacing the potatoes with boiled cauliflower

I do hope that you are aware of the health issues involved. Cauliflower is moderately high in oxalic acid. Oxalic acid binds with calcium, magnesium, iron, and potassium and so can reduce significantly the nutritional value of the dish. Oxalic acid has also significant history in contributing to pain of arthritis and other joint maladies.

I do hope that you are aware of the health issues involved. Cauliflower is moderately high in oxalic acid. Oxalic acid binds with calcium, magnesium, iron, and potassium and so can reduce significantly the nutritional value of the dish. Oxalic acid has also significant history in contributing to pain of arthritis and other joint maladies.

..and kidney stones.

Thank you. Yes, I believe oxalic acid may be broken down in the process of cooking, but I have no idea how well this works. I boil the he** out of it before adding to recipes.

I am newly, and highly, interested in self-nutrition. As you are most likely aware, when you adjust one end of a food's nutritional spectrum, the other end reacts (e.g. boiling cauliflower to lower oxalic acid.. also removes most nutrients), thus requiring supplimental nutritional sources. Preferably raw foods.

I try to research as much nutrition data as I can on everything I eat. I find it fascinating.

In this instance, I'm trading nutrition for a very large reduction in overall calories which, in a different way, is healthier in the long run. I'm hoping.

• 4 weeks later...