Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Dominick

2012 WISH LIST

Love to see these films on TCM in the new year.

Come Next, Spring-1956

Bring on the Girls-1945

Bolero-1934

Saigon-1948

The Cat and the Canary-1939

Sorrowful Jones-1949

Fighting Youth-1935

Wild Harvest-1947

Rumba-1935

My Favorite Blonde-1942

Her Jungle Love-1938

I Wanted Wings-1941

Six of a Kind-1934

Miss Susie Slagle's-1946

The Big Broadcast-1932

I Walk Alone-1948

Mary Burns, Fugitive-1935

I Love a Soldier-1944

Supernatural-1933

Hold That Blonde-1945

Winter Carnival-1039

Duffy's Tavern-1945

Car 99-1935

The Sainted Sisters-1948

COME NEXT SPRING is available at Netflix streaming. Of course, THE CAT AND THE CANARY is on DVD, released by Paramount. And so is SIX OF A KIND.

But yeah, most of these titles are in the vaults. Bring them back into circulation! On TCM, please!

Here's mine (in order):

Joel McCrea as Star of the Month

*Secret of the Incas*

*El Cid*

Any of the follwing would be nice in 2012:

BAD COMPANY (1931)

MILLIE (1931)

THE ADVENTURES OF GET RICH QUICK WALLINGFORD (1931)

STATES ATORNEY (1932)

THE SILVER CORD (1933)

THE SILVER STREAK (1934)

Well, as of right now, *Jane Eyre* (1943) is unofficially on the schedule in January, and I just asked for my reminder. Fingers, toes, and eyes crossed.

Thanks, TCM!

John Gilbert as star of the month and a TCM premiere of *His Glorious Night* (1929).

DESIREE (20th Century Fox Cinemascope)

TOO LATE FOR TEARS (best print available please!)

THE ENFORCER

WE'RE NO ANGELS

WHEN MY BABY SMILES AT ME (Dan Dailey & Betty Grable)

THE MISSISSIPPI GAMBLER

RAWHIDE (Tyrone Power & Susan Hayward)

THE OSCAR (yes, that 1966 campfest, please don't judge!)

SLEEP MY LOVE (Claudette Colbert, Don Ameche)

HAPPY LAND (Don Ameche, Frances Dee)

WALK SOFTLY, STRANGER (Joseph Cotten, Valli)

ALIAS NICK NEAL

CALCUTTA

ALLOTMENT WIVES

BLACK ANGEL

BLACK TUESDAY

BODY AND SOUL

BUNCO SQUAD

CALCUTTA

CHICAGO DEADLINE

CHRISTMAS HOLIDAY

CRISS CROSS

DEAD RECKONING (a Columbia? It's been a while)

ELEVATORS TO THE GALLOWS

KISS TOMORROW GOODBYE

PLEASE MURDER ME

RAW DEAL

RIDE THE PINK HORSE

SORRY, WRONG NUMBER

SUDDEN FEAR

T-MEN

THE VERDICT

WITHOUT WARNING

UNDER CAPRICORN

BEYOND THE FOREST

MY GAL SAL (Rita Hayworth)

THE BOTTOM OF THE BOTTLE

23 PACES TO BAKER STREET

CRY OF THE CITY

13 RUE MADELEINE

WHEN I GROW UP , SOULS AT SEA , DESIRE , CRIME WITHOUT PASSION , O.S.S. , BACK STREET [1932] , BEGGARS OF LIFE , THE FOREST RANGERS , CORVETTE K-225 ,LITTLE MAN, WHAT NOW? ,AMONG THE LIVING ,THE NORTHWEST MOUNTED POLICE , THIS THING CALLED LOVE , WELLS FARGO , CRIME OF THE CENTURY , THE PROUD REBEL [ original aspect ratio] ,ALIAS NICK BEAL , FROM THIS DAY FORWARD , IVY , ESCAPE [1948] ,THE MACOMBER AFFAIR, THE LAST OUTPOST, NOBODY WAVED GOODBYE.

In 2012 I would love to see TCM re-air WHITE BANNERS. It was released in 1938 and starred Claude Rains and Faye Bainter.

Also A TREE GROWS IN BROOKLYN (1945)

THE ENCHANTED COTTAGE (1945)

MY FOOLISH HEART (1949)

I know what you think I'm going to say, but I will surprise you. I think, instead of listing, mountainosu waves of movies, I will just pick a theme for a day that I think all of us can agree would be lots of fun to watch.

I think that a "first movie" day would be cool, a day where TCM showed nothing but firsts of the greatest stars. Firsts are never available to rent or own (that is, usually they aren't), and people always want to see them.

But, who, that is the question... :)

Bette Davis 19

I will pick five classic films that I feel are deserving of greater audiences:

1. *TRACK OF THE CAT (1952)*...outstanding cast includes Robert Mitchum, Teresa Wright and Beulah Bondi. Director William Wellman's sparse use of color is, in a word, masterful, and so is the painstaking mise en scene.

2. *FOUR FRIGHTENED PEOPLE (1934)*...this is probably Cecil B. DeMille's least known sound film and it stars my favorite actress Claudette Colbert. Costar Herbert Marshall gives a warm performance as her tortured love interest, and Mary Boland carries a dog around throughout the entire picture and steals every scene she's in! Universal has restored the print, and it is sumptuous!

3. *HOUSE BY THE RIVER (1950)*...I think Fritz Lang's stylish Victorian thriller would excite modern viewers and give people a lot to talk about! The similarities between this film and PSYCHO are too great to ignore!

4. *HEARTBEAT (1946)*...Ginger Rogers is excellent as a street waif that Basil Rathbone trains to pick the pockets of high society (her first 'victim' is a very cagey Adolphe Menjou). Along the way she falls for Jean-Pierre Aumont. This one combines Oliver Twist with Pygmalion and Cinderella. Great cast makes director Sam Wood's remake of a French hit work perfectly. I think it would entertain a lot of people and should be better known. Ginger is gorgeous in this picture!

5. *SIS HOPKINS (1941)*...I love Judy Canova. In this picture, she plays her usual country bumpkin character, but she goes uptown to stay with some snooty relatives. Her haughty cousin is played by Susan Hayward. You can imagine the culture clash...and the laughs! And the music is very good. Very entertaining!

CLAUDIA

CLAUDIA & DAVID

CLUNY BROWN

STORM WARNING

GONE TO EARTH

RUBY GENTRY

DESERT FURY

*Bride of Frankenstein* 1935

*Christmas Holiday* 1944 directed by Robert Siodmak, with Gene Kelly

*Johnny Nobody* 1961 British film starring Aldo Ray and William Bendix

*Confessions of an Opium Eater* 1962 starring Vincent Price

and, for TCM Underground,

*Surf Nazis Must Die* 1987

*I Spit on Your Grave* 1978

*1. "Track of the Cat" (1952)* - tb

June 2006, March 2007, May 2007, June 2007, September 2007, March 2008, June 2008, September 2008, November 2008. Doesn't that qualify as overplayed by your definition? ;-)

LoveFilmNoir, I believe Under Capricorn is on the schedule for January, as part of a tribute to Jack Cardiff!

*If I Were King* (1938) Ronald Colman

*Laura* (1944) Gene Tierney

*How to Steal a Million* (1966) Audrey Hepburn and Peter O'Toole

*My Neighbor Totoro* (1988) or any other Hayao Miyazaki movie

Just for starters, how about the fully restored *WINGS* which is pretty much ready to go, including a new recording of the original 1927 score with live orchestra. But will it be shown on TCM in February in it's restored state? The fully restored *THE BIG PARADE,* which I have been waiting to premiere for 8 years now. Some Colleen Moore silent features.Starting with *HER WILD OAT,* and *LILAC TIME.*

Also during *31 Days of Oscar,* debutes of *SEVENTH HEAVEN (1927), UNDERWORLD (1927), THE LAST COMMAND (1928),* and *THE COP (1928).* If at all possible, *THE PATENT LEATHER KID (1927)* as well. All of these would be new to TCM.

> {quote:title=SansFin wrote:}{quote}

> *My Neighbor Totoro* (1988) or any other Hayao Miyazaki movie.

I agree!

I admit that when TCM ran a bunch of Miyazaki movies a few years ago I wasn't expecting much, in fact almost didn't even tune in to any of them (being mostly into the older stuff I wasn't even familiar with his work). But I did happen to be watching when TCM showed SPIRITED AWAY (I believe the first one they ran) and was absolutely charmed and extremely impressed, as I continued to be for every one of the rest of the Miyazaki films.

So I'd be delighted to see them shown again.

> {quote:title=midnight08 wrote:}{quote}I wish for some Clara Bow and Nancy Carroll Paramount films.

> Also more Fox films from the early 1930's.

I absolutely agree!

Unfortunately many of those ladies' films are hard to find in decent condition, so showings on TCM are wishful thinking....but HERE'S WISHING!!!

*The Barker* (1928) with Milton Sills, Betty Compson, Dorothy Mackaill, Douglas Fairbanks, Jr.

Someone will have to dig this thread up every few months next year to see whose wishes are coming true!

And at the end of 2012, we can give a special prize to the person who had the most 'wish' films scheduled on TCM! LOL Of course by then we will be too busy looking at the March 2013 offerings and making new wishes!