Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Cary Grant on Acid...1959 was Trippy!

The controled environment was set by having a house where we would lock the door and not invite anyone else over that day night. Only a few trusted friends would be there and 1 or 2 woud not be on the drug. Meeting strangers under the effects of the drug can cause paranoia. We would eat a light meal a few hours before.

Note that I only used the natural form of LSD found in Morning Glory seeds (yes, the common morning glory seed is the only natural form of LSD available) and we would follow the same process the indians would use. It was a very spritrual event. Note that the with this natural form one doesn't have a bunch of hallucinations only very mild ones. Instead the experience is more about heightened awareness.

Again, I don't recommend one use even the natual form of LSD unless one had really prepared for the experience and is with someone that has had the experience and only in a controled environment.

> {quote:title=jamesjazzguitar wrote:}{quote}The controled environment was set by having a house where we would lock the door and not invite anyone else over that day night. Only a few trusted friends would be there and 1 or 2 woud not be on the drug. Meeting strangers under the effects of the drug can cause paranoia. We would eat a light meal a few hours before.

The setup you describe here is very similar to the way that i and whoever i was trippin' with used to set things up,and i agree,meeting strangers can be a little upsetting. The only major difference between you and me is that i preferred Orange Sunshine when available,also,no matter how many or few were there,everybody was trippin',but then everybody i did it with were all experienced trippers,i didn't like being with first or second timers,cuz if something goes awry,having inexperienced people around can make things A LOT worse because now you have to watch that person/people on top of whatever else is going wrong.I preferred having people around that had tripped AT LEAST 20-30 times.In an emergency,people MUST be able to keep their head together,that's where experience comes into play.JR

> {quote:title=finance wrote:}{quote}What did you guys find to be the ultimate album to listen to while on acid? "Dark Side of the Moon" may have been released after your acid period.

One of my favorite albums was TOMMY by THE WHO,i think THE ACID QUEEN was probably my favorite song on that album when i was trippin' but i liked the entire album. Also liked LED ZEPPELINS first album released in 1969. There were others of course,but i can't think of what they were right now.Sometimes i didn't listen to music at all,just went deep inside my head,it'all depended on what had been planned,if anything was planned at all.Sometimes i went into the forest and just wandered around,of course i always knew where i was and understood the dangers of being in the forest,trippin',but never alone-never!

DARK SIDE OF THE MOON came along,probably 5-6 yrs. after my last trip. JR.

PS: It's a real joy to me to talk about this subject cuz it's been probably close to 35 yrs. since iv'e talked about it to anybody.There's very,very few people who are knowledgable about this subject.Most people's heads are filled to the bursting point with gov't propaganda and have absolutely no idea of what they're talking about.

With the experiences that various people here have had with acid, I have a question maybe someone can answer...

Years back, I hit my head and was in a lot of pain. This "friend of a friend" said to me, "I have something for you," and he gave me this white tablet. Like a fool (I was relatively young) I took it. Everyone else cleared out but at one point I was sitting on the couch with a nightmare scene playing in my head, around childhood issues and my mother, and it felt like I was living it. It was awful and it took me a long time to get over it. I never found out what this stuff was, but I'm wondering if this was acid? Maybe it's too difficult to say - acid, LSD, who knows what.

Remember the PSA that used to run on TV a number of years ago It showed a pusher in a schoolyard, and he started out saying, "Gather round, kids. The man with the goodies is here....". It ended with the narrator intoning, "Why do you think they call it "dope"?

Eugenia,it's impossible to say what that pill was,and it was foolish to take it,not knowing what it was,but we all do foolish things sometimes,all of us. The person who gave you that pill wasn't doing you any favor either. JR.

Eugenia,it's impossible to say what that pill was,and it was foolish to take it w/o knowing what it was,but we all do foolish things sometimes,all of us.The person who gave you that pill wasn't trying to do you a favor either.

Tommy was also one of our favorites. We also liked the Beatle US releases with that super stereo effect. I had the best system in town (Quad system in a square room), and we would listen to some songs with only the left channel playing and then with only the right, and then with both. This way we could really hear only the specific sounds more clearly. With the Quad system I had a few Quad albums. These were records made just for a Quad system. The sound would 'move' from each speaker and create a really neat effect. ELP released a few Quad albums as well as one by Johnny Winter.

We would also go to Joshua Tree National Park. Now making this a controled environment was more difficult but we did it. Would would hike to a known 'power place' (indian term) far from our camp site and pack in enough for the day and return before dark.

Cary Grant appears to have overused the experience but maybe he had more 'issues' to work out than I did!

> {quote:title=finance wrote:}{quote}Remember the PSA that used to run on TV a number of years ago It showed a pusher in a schoolyard, and he started out saying, "Gather round, kids. The man with the goodies is here....". It ended with the narrator intoning, "Why do you think they call it "dope"?

Yea,i remember it,and others too.Those things were never meant to teach anybody anything,they were meant to frighten and demonize,just like the old anti marijuana films that the gov't pushed back in the 30's.

Ya know,that gov't that sits in Washington is always yuckin' it up over "substance abuse",so iv'e always wondered why they never say anything about alcohol.Why do we never see PSA's showing the effects of alcohol?? Why no ads. showing skid row bums sick in the street and dying,and have some announcer saying something like: "This is your kid on alcohol" or "so you think drinking is fun and cool do you?? or some other frightening or demonizing trash?? Nope.Not gonna happen,cuz that's the drug of choice of America's elite. Their drug is ok,but YOUR drug will KILL YOU!

Ya know,iv'e talked to people who actually believe that alcohol isn't a drug!! When i ask them why they believe such foolishness,they say: "It's not a drug because it's legal". What MORONS! and to think that those people are allowed to vote,but that seems to be the mentality of many,many,many Americans. DUH!! JR

> {quote:title=jamesjazzguitar wrote }{quote}I had the best system in town (Quad system in a square room), and we would listen to some songs with only the left channel playing and then with only the right, and then with both. This way we could really hear only the specific sounds more clearly. With the Quad system I had a few Quad albums. These were records made just for a Quad system.

>

> We would also go to Joshua Tree National Park. Now making this a controled environment was more difficult but we did it. Would would hike to a known 'power place' (indian term) far from our camp site and pack in enough for the day and return before dark.

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

I remember those quad systems,some people liked them others didn't. I did. To this day iv'e never really been able to figure out what major diff. there is between "quad" and todays' surround systems,but then iv'e never been much of an audiophile.

When i lived in Phoenix AZ. it was popular to eat Peyote and go up to the Superstition Mtns.. and mentally blend in with the mtns. To think,reflect,observe,listen too, and absorb the "vibes" coming from the earth.

> {quote:title=jr33928 wrote:}{quote}

> I remember those quad systems,some people liked them others didn't. I did. To this day iv'e never really been able to figure out what major diff. there is between "quad" and todays' surround systems,but then iv'e never been much of an audiophile.

>

I am a bit of an audiophile, and I wasn't too keen on quad. Remember The Firesign Theatre? Those guys knew how to mix. MoFi put out some of their albums on CD a few years back. When played on a 5 channel surround system, each of the front three speakers has a different guy in it.

> When i lived in Phoenix AZ. it was popular to eat Peyote and go up to the Superstition Mtns.. and mentally blend in with the mtns. To think,reflect,observe,listen too, and absorb the "vibes" coming from the earth.

>

I had Peyote a few times. Once, after my stomach settled, I went for a 50 mile bicycle ride. It was wonderful! I never had such energy, charging up hills, really feeling the wind, Sun, and Earth...

Although I was, and am, a fan of The Who, and Pink Floyd, I preferred mellower music while tripping. Canned Heat, the Byrds, Bob Dylan, The Moody Blues, the Beatles.

No worries, I knew you weren't being sarcastic, but I didn't know it was a Steve Martin joke. Speaking of Steve Martin, though I'm not a great fan of his, I loved *Dead Men Don't Wear Plaid*. Has that movie been discussed on these boards? Absolutely hilarious. Anyway, back to our other "trips"...;)