Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

MARGIE (1947) on TCM Christmas Eve 2011

Oh boy, I wondered if I'd ever actually see this one. No VHS release, no laserdisc, no DVD...and (as far as I know of) no TCM showings. Figured it fell behind a shelf in the Fox archive and vanished.

Alas...there it is on Christmas Eve!

Anyone seen this before? I'm really looking forward to this.

Margie (1947)

Is this movie with Jeanne Crain ?

And is the Year 1946 instead of 1947 ?

It sounds like a movie I'd like to see now, but am unable

to pull it up on Youtube.

Otherwise, I'll just wait ?:|

i recorded it off AMC sometime in the late-80's and i kept the tape for several years. I must've watched it at least 5 or 6 times back then, so it definitely made an impression. Granted, I was a teenager at the time, and the movie was about teenagers, so maybe that's one reason i liked it. Another thing i remember about the movie is some of the scenes seemed to almost be live-action recreations of Norman Rockwell illustrations. Very similar subject matter as Rockwell anyway; It showed a rose-colored glasses view of life in a quaint New England town in a simpler time in the recent past. Nice use of Technicolor too.

i'm really excited to see it again, after 20 years. Though i wonder if it will hold up to my memories of it?

*Margie (1947)*

*________________________________________*

*Is this movie with Jeanne Crain ?*

*And is the Year 1946 instead of 1947 ?*

Yes this is the movie that starred Jeanne Crain, and it was a 1946 release. This was one of Crain's best gushing teenager roles, where she recalls her youth in the 1920s-and losing her bloomers. Also featuring Glenn Langan (in a role Cornel Wilde turned down) and a wise-cracking Barbara Lawrence (in a role meant for June Haver) in one of her best roles, it was one of Fox' biggest hits that year.

This has to be in the Top 10 list of most requested fir DVD release from 20th Century Fox (if there is a list or tally somewhere). I have never seen this film. I believe it was once loaded on Youtube, however, I have never seen it and it hasn't been on FMC in many, many years. It popped up on one of the HBO channels in the summer of 2009 and I was traveling and wasn't able to set my DVR that far in advance :( . I can't wait to see it.