Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

The New Radio

cigarjoe

TV has become the new radio, I sit on the laptop now a lot of the time with the TV on in the bg. Mostly I have it tuned to TCM regardless since I don't have to listen to commercials that way, lol. If something comes up that catches my attention I'll put the PC on standby and watch.

The downside is I don't hear a lot of breaking news, but a lot of it is just manufactured content of stuff and people I don't reallly care about, (just who the hell are the Kardasians anyway) so maybe it doesn't matter much anyway. Bout the only time I don't have it on TCM is if its a day of musicals.

Anybody in the same situation?

Exactly the same with me.

TV on TCM all the time, on PC most of the time.

Of course, when a really great old movie is on, I sign off the PC and watch the movie. When newer movies or repeats are on, I turn down the movie and get on the PC.

The "news" has become "politics and election talk" during the past year. Nothing interesting on the news, just a lot of talk. Leftist talk on MSNBC, right-wing talk on Fox. Mixed stuff on CNN. But mostly talk.

When I really want real news, I go on YouTube and watch some old newsreels. :)

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings