Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
allaboutlana

2000 TO PRESENT MOVIE TRIVIA

Hint #2:  Some things you'll see in this movie: a harmonium, decorative bathroom plungers, lots of pudding.

Punch-Drunk Love, 2102 ??

Thanks, redhook.  Next a title that literally uses the "to the present" phrase.

Funeral oration.  A young man tells the gathered mourners of his practice of commemorating his deceased friends by removing their cards from his Rolodex.  " I started with five, and now I have fifty...Like fifty cardboard tombstones held together by a rubber band"   "I hate these funerals."

What recent Premium Channel TVM?

Correct, Sixes.  Normal Heart covered much of the same ground and themes as 1993's And the Band Played On, with a closer attention to personal losses and grief due to the AIDS epidemic.  Jim Parsons, much better known for his comic turn in CBS' The Big Bang Theory, has the speech that was cited.

Sixes' thread.

(879)

"I'm a proficient remarkable lad, capable of noble remarkable feats.  I'm a proficient remarkable lad, capable of noble remarkable feats."

(879)

"I'm a proficient remarkable lad, capable of noble remarkable feats.  I'm a proficient remarkable lad, capable of noble remarkable feats."

"I can spit my words out with precision, diction and clarity.  I can spit my words out with precision, diction and clarity.

Public figure bio.

thanks, flash

-What mid-2000s  film, like the book, was considered controversial. It was met with especially harsh criticism by the Roman Catholic Church ?

These two actors have appeared twice together.  In the first, although they were not romantically involved, were about the same age.  In the second, they played mother and son.  Name thew two actors and the two movies.

This talented actress so far has received only one Oscar nomination.  It was for a movie starring a former rapper.  Name her and the movie.

Right.  What seemed to be a reference  to Grease supplied the name; I went to her site and counted nominations.  One surprise:  I don't think I was ever aware that Will Smith had a career as a rapper.

Got nothing at the moment.  Open thread.