Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
allaboutlana

2000 TO PRESENT MOVIE TRIVIA

Correct at an even 40 Views. Mona drowned at the begenning of the story, but the investigation generated flashbacks that gave her a lot of screen time. Showed many reasons why so many hated her. It may be one of Bette Middler's signature performances.

stick's thread.

Stick, I'm pretty sure now that I have no knowledge whatsoever about this one. But I have one question that may be helpful to someone else: Is it one of the recent spate of Horror flicks with great SPFX that have not aroused my interest at all?

stick, I've spent some time trying to trace this one down. The only encouragement is a reference to a 2009 Austrian movie, *Dead In Three Days*, about teenagers getting cryptic text- messages. Is that the one you mean?

This 1958 foreign film, which I believe has never been on TCM, was remade by Sean Penn as director, with a different ending and starred his now ex-wfe and and this Oscar-winning actor in the lead role. Name the film and the lead actor and the 2001 Sean Penn remake.

*The Pledge* was a remake of Esgpschah am hellichten Tag (West German, 1958), American title *It Happened in Broad Daylight*.

Robin Wright was in the cast of *The Pledge*, billed as Robin Wright Penn.

I saw The Pledge several years ago and liked it on the whole, despite its rather downbeat ending with a message. But now that I've just seen the original, I prefer it. It is very well done and has a more satisfying ending. By the way it had Gert Frobe in it, who was Bond's nemesis, Goldfinger.

Since both of you answered, I'll let you two work it out who goes next, and thanks for playing.

well into the present century...

Man in a hospital room opens his coat and unbuttons his shirt. He removes the monitor attachments from the comatose patient, and attaches them to his own bare chest. Smothers the patent to death with a pillow. The job done, he re-attaches the monitors, replaces pillow and coverlets. Buttons up his coat, and he's gone by the time the Nurses Station personel come in to check on the new information showing up on their monitor screens.

The killer in this scene has received five Oscar nominations. The victim has won an Oscar, and has been nominated on two other occasions.

Correct. *Before the Devil Knows You're Dead* (2007). Albert Finney and Philip Seymour Hoffman in that hospital scene.

danjw's thread

BTDKYD-great film, Sidney Lumet's last film? Opening up the thread, running late this morning.