Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Who's the coolest character in a movie ever?

pturman

{font:Arial}{color:black}For me it's a tie between Bogart in CASABLANCA & Paul Newman in THE STING.

Bogart is so cool as Rick. He doesn't have to prove it, he just knows it. And the scene of Newman on the train getting Robert Shaw's goat--it's the definition of charisma. Anybody who doesn't understand why Newman was a movie star should watch that scene.

{font}

{font:Arial}{color:black}Second place for me would be Kevin Costner in Bull Durham.

{font}

> {quote:title=Rickey wrote:}{quote}

> I think George Sanders was super cool as Simon Templar in The Saint movie series.

I agree in principle. I cannot fully agree because his build makes him very overt and I associate 'cool' with a more muted appearance.

I think Louis Hayward in *The Saint in New York* (1938) was very cool.

Edited by: SansFin on Nov 6, 2011 2:48 PM because I can never remember that 'cannot' is one word even when it sounds like two words in my head. :(

Yeah, Nicholson is cool in CHINATOWN. Here are some more of my favorite "cool dudes":

Clark Gable in IT HAPPENED ONE NIGHT

Ryan O'Neal in PAPER MOON

William Hurt in BIG CHILL

Cary Grant in ONLY ANGELS HAVE WINGS

Kevin Klein in SILVERADO

Burt Lancaster in FROM HERE TO ETERNITY

Clint Eastwood in everything

Interesting, Ugaarte, cause I read an interview Peter Bogdonavich did with Howard Hawkes. Hawkes said that Bogart was the most insolent actor on the screen. And that he told Bogart when they started TO HAVE AND HAVE NOT that he was going to make Bacall even more insolent. Bogart told him "fat chance" but I think Hawkes suceeded.

> {quote:title=misswonderly wrote:}{quote}I want to say the Paul Newman character in *Cool Hand Luke*, except that he ate all those hard boiled eggs. That part wasn't cool. :0

You're right. Nobody can eat 50 eggs.

Tony Kendall as Joe Walker in the Komissar X films,

Gerard Barray in "Baraka x-77"

Ken Clark in "FX-18"

Tom Adams in "Where Bullets Fly"

Richard Johnson in "Some Girls Do"

Ray Danton in "Jamaica Calling Mr. Ward" and "Rise and Fall of Legs Diamond"

Hugh Beaumont as Mike Shayne in 5 films

Zachary Scott in any noir film he was in.

> Buckaroo Banzai, hands down...

Hey there, monkey boy!

In addition to Buckaroo, Perfect Tommy and Reno were pretty cool.

But, yeah, Buckaroo is damn cool.

John Parker was pretty cool as well. But, at least as far as the film is concerned, Buckaroo Banzai is the coolest guy that is, or ever could be. I'm sorry they never did a sequel. Lots of good actors were in that film.

Archived