Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Don't miss this week's outrageously groovy Saturday on TCM!!!

WOW! I'm just gonna be glued to TCM most of the day on Saturday, it's totally crazy!!!

First wake up to a Perry Mason flick from the 30's, with my main man Ricardo Cortez doing his turn in THE CASE OF THE BLACK CAT from 1936! Love those 30's mysteries!!!

Next up is Eleanor Parker in CAGED (1950)!!! Then it's a pre-code gangster flick with Coop and Sylvia Sidney in CITY STREETS (1931)!!! Totally groovy!!

This week is the final chapter of ZORRO'S FIGHTING LEGION, and it looks like TCM is putting serials on hold for a while, I hope they'll be back next year! Then this week's Tarzan flick, a flick with William Holden that I've never seen before--TOWARD THE UNKNOWN(1956)--and THE THING FROM ANOTHER WORLD! Then in prime time, W.C. Fields in THE BANK DICK (1940), then a pre-code gem, TROUBLE IN PARADISE (1932), with Kay Francis and Miriam Hopkins---yowza!! Then later, a flick I've not seen in a long time, but can't wait to check out again, ANGELS OVER BROADWAY (1940), a very off-beat, as I recall, flick with Douglas Fairbanks, Jr, Thomas Mitchell, and Rita Hayworth!!

What a totally rad day!! Thank you, TCM!!

Mark, I think there might be a short on after The Case of the Black Cat that isn't listed in the schedule. The movie runs only 66 minutes and they have allowed a 90 minute slot. Usually, with that much extra time, TCM puts a short on in the extra space.

> {quote:title=markbeckuaf wrote:

> }{quote}I'll have to check that out! Maybe we'll luck out and it will be another of the Inspector Carr mysteries that have been popping up lately!

Yes, they did run one of the Van Dine Vitaphone shorts after THE MYSTERY OF THE BLACK CAT. But I caught just the end of it, so I'm not sure which one it was. But I'm sure someone will be able to tell us the title soon.

> {quote:title=musicalnovelty wrote:}{quote} Yes, they did run one of the Van Dine Vitaphone shorts after THE MYSTERY OF THE BLACK CAT. But I caught just the end of it, so I'm not sure which one it was. But I'm sure someone will be able to tell us the title soon.

It was THE COLE MYSTERY.

>clore wrote:

>>musicalnovelty wrote: Yes, they did run one of the Van Dine Vitaphone shorts after THE MYSTERY OF THE BLACK CAT. But I caught just the end of it, so I'm not sure which one it was. But I'm sure someone will be able to tell us the title soon.

>It was THE COLE MYSTERY.

It's odd, they just ran The Cole Case a few weeks ago, and now they've run it again. Wonder why they didn't run one they hadn't shown recently? I remember when they aired it a few weeks back, Mark posted that he missed it; do you suppose they read his post and aired it again so he could see it? :-)

Robbie

>markbeckuaf wrote:

>Nah, I kinda doubt that would be reason.

>

>But it would be radically cool if they did! Either way, it was totally groovy to check this out!!

Hey Mark,

I've been reading my new December issue of Now Playing and I see there's some tributes to some of your "main men" coming up in December. I see there is a daytime tribute to Warren William on December 2, and an evening tribute to Broderick Crawford's 100th birthday on December 9.

Robbie