Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Do you watch the Academy Awards every year?

Not only do I watch them every year, I've been recording them the last ten years or so. As I stated on another thread, I would love it if they were to make old Academy Awards shows available for purchase. I would own every show of every year.

No. Honestly, It would be great if the old ones were available. I'd love to see David Letterman's notoriously bad "Uma....Oprah" monolauge. I don't see much reason in watching them anymore. I watched the emmy's to see if TCM would win for "Moguls and Movie Stars". These awards shows have become a huge kiss butt ceremony for overpair clowns. Back in the early days, it was a thing of prestige. That's a thing that has totally gone out the window in today's film industry.

I may go to a theatre to see to one new movie a year. So I do not watch the Academy Awards nor do it follow it. I did enjoy The Kings Speech and glad it won so many awards. But that is as close as I have followed the Academy Awards in many years.

Well, MontyC, it seems that you and I are in the minority. I watch the Oscar show every year, and, like you, I record the shows as well. I started taping the shows back in the early 1980's. It is fun to go back and watch them from time to time. I especially enjoy the musical numbers (some of them) and to see some of my favorite stars as they looked years ago.

Terrence.

> {quote:title=MontyC wrote:}{quote}Not only do I watch them every year, I've been recording them the last ten years or so. As I stated on another thread, I would love it if they were to make old Academy Awards shows available for purchase. I would own every show of every year.

I've been watching almost my entire life...certainly ever since I became interested in movies back in the early 70's.

I've also been recording the show since about 1980...over 30 years. Unfortunately, there's a few (1979 and a couple from the early 80's) I no longer have because I recorded those on Betamax tapes, which I gave away to a friend over 20 years ago. But I still have almost all of them from the past 30 years.

yep. watch them every year since I was a kid. I remember about 10 years ago or so the Academy put out a video containing Oscar's great moment or something like that. They said there would be more coming, but to the best of my knowledger no more ever came. It was a very cool, interesting video. And, yes, for the millionth time, I DO think Cher deserved her Oscar.