Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I never really knew much about Lana Turner or followed her career much, but , lately I've watched a few of her old movies and I gotta say I really am impressed. It's clear why she was such a star and sex symbol. She was sizzling hot. Something else that I noticed is how YOUNG she looks. Only in her early, mid- 20's during most of the 1940's, she did have a pretty amazing success at a very early age. Now that my curiosity is piqued, I look forward to discovering more Lana.

One of the reasons that Lana Turner looks so young is because she was so young. Only 16 years old when she did her first picture, and I don't think she was ever considered a "child" star. Only 19/20 and she's costarring as Clark Gable's leading lady. At the age of 25 she is doing her 25th film, *The Postman Always Rings Twice* playing a part that you might believe should be a woman in her thirties. You might say that Hollywood really aged her fast, usually the gals were around 20/21 before they started playing adult roles. I talk to a WW2 veteran on ocassion when I see him at a weekly flea market. He's a real old movie buff, so is his wife, they're both in their late eighties. When I asked him who I should look up on the net and print some pictures of he was quick to say, "Lana Turner". PS - the wife tells me that when she was 16 years old she delivered a package to a hotel room in New York and met Myrna Loy!

Edited by: mrroberts on Nov 21, 2011 2:51 PM

As you often do, you saved me typing! Yea Lana started young and MGM pushed her quickly to stardom. I find early Lana very cute; Yes, cute is the right word. That soft voice and softer look. Of course with Postman, Lane moves way beyond cute and into the sexy, OMG, stage.

As I have said before I'm not a big MGM fan (I'm more of a Warner RKO type of guy), but Lana fit the MGM style very well.

One of these days I'll learn how to post pics here. On the images page for Lana Turner on the first row she is a brunette holding an ice cream cone. That was one of several pictures I printed out for my WW2 vet friend, I must have printed about 9 or 10 photos for him.