Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
doctorxx

Most beautiful redhead?

Yes, Christina Hendricks is a beautiful redhead. I've been watching *Mad Men* from the very beginning. It's my favorite TV series. No, AMC is not the place to go to if you want to enjoy a classic film, but the original programing is excellent. The new season of MM is suppose to start in March. Can't wait, it's about time.

One thing I find interesting (funny, ironic) about Mad Man is that women tend to adore Don and hate Betty. This is similar to how Hitchcock used Grant in movies like Notorious and Suspicion. Grant was a cad in those movies but his looks and overall persona made women mostly ignore that.

My wife feels that way towards Don. She hates cheaters. So while she doesn't overlook that fact she mostly faults Betty. Poor Betty - they do portray her in a very negative light.

Well, I could go on for hours about MM. I think that their characters are a portrayl of the times., I've always thought of Betty as a combination of a Joan and Jackie Kennedy. Joan Kennedy's drinking and Jackie's preoccupation of riding horses. It was ironic, at the time I remember watching a PBS program abou the Kennedys after watching an episode of MM. A point was made that the more JFK strayed in the marriage, the more often Jackie would ride her horses!

I think what bothers many women about Betty is what a lousey mother she is. Her relationship with Sally is so troubled. She's impatient., and needs and wants attention for herself. I think that Don's philandering isn't so much overlooked by the audience and not forgiven but his troubled upbringing conjures sympathy. Of course, the fact that he is so gorgeous certainly helps. Many have compared Betty to Grace Kelly. I don't think of Betty that way, she isn't as regal.

I said I could go on about MM, don't know if that's OK on the thread. Glad you guys enjoy the show. The writing, acting. clothes,sets (cigs and booze) are all so realistic to those times.

Edited by: lavenderblue19 on Dec 17, 2011 2:34 PM

There are so many to choose from but ones who immediately come to mind would be Ann Margret, Rita Hayworth and Lucille Ball to name a few.

To [~sfpcc1]...lol I am like the majority members on this message board , I strongly dislike AMC. I am not an AMC fan, I only think Christina Hicks is very pretty...that's all to it. Merry Christmas!

Her name is Christina Henricks, not Hicks. No one wrote the majority of posters hate AMC. It's not the station to watxh classic films, however there are posters here that watch *Mad Men* and the other original programming AMC offers.

I could care less about AMC movies, I don't watch them. This thread is about beautiful redheads, Izcutter remarked that she liked Mad Men very much and some of the other original programming on AMC, jamesjazz committed he likes Mad Men and I was commenting on a REDHEAD, Christina Henricks who is on Mad Men .NO one was defending the way AMC presents films. A lot of hatred and wasted energy for a TV station(lol).

My bad Lavender. I apologize foe misspelling Christina Henricks. Not intentional. Merry Christmas! Happy New Year!

This ones A No Brainer. TCM is on in My House All Day and Most of the Night . The Answer to The Mystical Question you have Presented can only Contain One Name . And That is ............ pause........ Drum Roll........ Awkward Silence ....... Envelope Please ........ Ahem ,Ahem ......... RITA HAYWORTH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

On the cartoon network the most beautiful redhead is definitely Jane Jetson (who was voiced by Penny Singleton , aka Blondie)

> {quote:title=Joeymonza wrote:}{quote}This ones A No Brainer. TCM is on in My House All Day and Most of the Night . The Answer to The Mystical Question you have Presented can only Contain One Name . And That is ............ pause........ Drum Roll........ Awkward Silence ....... Envelope Please ........ Ahem ,Ahem ......... RITA HAYWORTH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nice try. Don't get me wrong. She was an exquisite and beautiful woman but I think that red hair came out of a bottle.

Jake in the Heartland -- Who likes women with Irish genes, redheads...alone...

"On The Cartoon Network The most Beautiful Redhead is definitely Jane Jetson, (who was voiced by Penny Singleton, A.K.A Blondie)"

The Cartoon Network hasn't aired The Jetsons in quite a while.

I kind of liked Ann Margrock, (The Flintstones version of Ann Margret.)

Another Man Men fan here. But prefer to watch it on Netflix to avoid commercials. I don't like the Christina Hendricks character at all. Yes, she's beautiful and sexy but empty-headed and thinks she's Queen Bee of the secretary pool. Am a big fan of redhead Betty (Elizabeth Moss). My favorite of the Mad Men females. I love the way she puts up with so much garbage from the executives. She be a CEO if it weren't the 50's.

MV5BMjE0MzEyNDg3MF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwOTYx

elisabeth moss

> {quote:title=sfpcc1 wrote:}{quote}"On The Cartoon Network The most Beautiful Redhead is definitely Jane Jetson, (who was voiced by Penny Singleton, A.K.A Blondie)"

>

> The Cartoon Network hasn't aired The Jetsons in quite a while.

>

> I kind of liked Ann Margrock, (The Flintstones version of Ann Margret.)

They show *The Jetsons* on "Boom" (used to be Boomerang) network now.

IMHO among the most beautiful redheads, natural or not:

Rita Hayworth

Susan Hayward

Clara Bow

Arlene Dahl

Ann Sheridan

Maureen O'Hara

Elaine Stewart

Rhonda Fleming

and some that have not been mentioned:

Tina Louise

Arleen Whelan

Suzy Parker

The still of a beautiful young Jeanne Crain reminds me of her more redhead hues from the mid-50s, when she was freelancing and sporting a sexier image.

Additionally, Linda Darnell in FOREVER AMBER is supposed to be blonde, but it seems closer to red to me, so she would definitely rate.

Edited by: Arturo on Dec 27, 2011 7:34 PM