Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
doctorxx

Most beautiful redhead?

Any Janet Gaynor fans? While not a classic beauty, she was a wonderful Academy Award Best Actress from silents to talkies. One of my favorites is A Star is Born, 1937, with Fredric March:

Janet+Gaynor.jpg

janet gaynor

Wow. A lot of redheads. But I vote for Arlene Dahl, Lana Turner, Rhonda Fleming, and Ann Sheridan, in that order.

Incidentally, two of the brothers in 7 Brides for 7 Brothers were blond, if I recall correctly...Russ Tamblyn, who played the youngest; and Marc Platt, who at 41 was five or six years older than Howard Keel, who played the oldest brother. I'm guessing they made Platt's hair blond to try to make him look younger, but if you look at him closely it's pretty obvious he was an older man. I believe he is still alive, and he'd be close to 100.

Does anyone remember a movie called Those Redheads From Seattle made around 1953? Agnes Moorehead played the mother. I think Rhonda Fleming was in it, but can't remember who else.

BLU

> {quote:title=sfpcc1 wrote:

> }{quote}"On The Cartoon Network The most Beautiful Redhead is definitely Jane Jetson...

> The Cartoon Network hasn't aired The Jetsons in quite a while.

>

> I kind of liked Ann Margrock, (The Flintstones version of Ann Margret.)

Among animated redheads, I nominate "Blossom" of The Powerpuff Girls!

Rita Hayworth is number one with Lucille Ball as number two. All others follow in line in any order and for me, sorry, Janet Gaynor last!

> {quote:title=Roberta109 wrote:

> }{quote}Nice to know Janet Gaynor has another fan here, musicalnovelty.

> Thanks for the comment.

My friend Louie is also a MAJOR Janet Gaynor fan.

If you do a little searching through older posts on his blog, you can find some great rare Gaynor stills and info:

http://www.elbrendel.com/

> {quote:title=musicalnovelty wrote:}{quote}

>

>

>

>

> My friend Louie is also a MAJOR Janet Gaynor fan.

> If you do a little searching through older posts on his blog, you can find some great rare Gaynor stills and info:

>

> http://www.elbrendel.com/

>

Thanks. Nice to know. Good blog with great b&w pics.Maybe some color pics, but just took a quick look. Back to the redhead beauty contest ...lol.