Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

just wondering if there are any other gay guys on board? we all KNOW about the the guys who c...ream over Maureen and, Lana and ...Hedy...and ...etc.....I'm a middle aged gay guy who remembers dreaming,,,"ah,,,dreaming...that's a polite word"....over guys like Tyrone Power and Montgomery Clift.....and Paul Newman.....ahhhhhhhhhhhh....sorry

Personally, I wouldn't touch a snow shovel with an 11 foot pole. If it's ever too deep to go out, I'll stay home. :)

I'm straight, but I know there must be some other gay guys on the board. But of course, disclosing that is a personal choice. I know a couple of women have pretty much said they were gay. I don't recall who, though. I wasn't planning on asking any out, so it didn't matter.

My first heartthrobs were Richard Carlson and Richard Denning, those two galoots from TV and schlock sci-fi. Probably because they were so "available", by which I mean I got to see them all the time on television and then at all those Saturday matinees with my brothers. I know lots of guys think Julia Adams in the bathing suit when they think of "The Creature From The Black Lagoon", but I think Richard Carlson in his diving gear. To each his own, right?

I like to point out I am straight but your last post left me wondering was any of our past presidents gay or bisexual. Always got that urge to Google so I found this tidbit about James Buchanan. Scroll down to Personal Relationships. It should be noted its only speculation by historians.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_Buchanan

I did got something I didn't expect, the first photograph ever of a presidential inauguration taken on March 4, 1857

Picture is large 4,030 ? 3,487 pixels, file size: 1.27 MB, MIME type: image/jpeg , notice all the stove pipe hats, lol!

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/5/5d/2003001r.jpg

> {quote:title=DougieB wrote:}{quote}My first heartthrobs were Richard Carlson and Richard Denning, those two galoots from TV and schlock sci-fi.

I've always liked Grant Williams, "The Incredible Shrinking Man", "The Monolith Monsters", etc.

Still do. ;)

grantwilliams332914.jpg

Hamradio, about your reference to James Buchanan, the 15th U S President. I should note that as a lifelong Pennsylvanian I only recently took a tour of the Buchanan home in Lancaster Pa. Like many people I have traveled great distances to see places while not seeing many sites right in my own backyard. Anyway the official line from the local historical site is similar to the wiki entry. Buchanan was very deeply affected by the death of his fiancee and could not get too romantically attached to another woman. So he stayed a bachelor. His close relationships with several male friends, including sharing residence with some, leads to the speculation of Buchanan's sexual tendencies. Nothing definite was ever established about that. So its all speculation.

Of course there isn't. Seinfeld must be the catchphrase king of recent

TV shows. The question is, did it move? George Costanza, the Incrediable

Shrinkage Man. Okay, time to leave.

Different strokes for different folks, and so on and so on, and scooby ****

doo-bee.

LOL. You'd think someone like that (Maharis) wouldnt need to go to restrooms..........I remember it being in all the papers. I think he plea bargained his way out of it. He was caught in the stall with another guy.......

OK, but everyone knows it's not FUNNY, right, that he got caught and it's followed him all these many years and people are still laughing about it? Because being gay is...excuse me, I mean was..such a joke. We're so much more enlightened now, right? If we could put aside all the foolishness, maybe this could be the thread it was intended to be, instead of just another one of those games of oneupsmanship that most threads seem to turn into these days. I was interested in it when I saw the original post, but after two pages there are probably only a couple of people willing to honestly address this topic. If more of you WERE gay, maybe you'd understand what it's like to be driven out of the conversation and have it reshaped in terms that are totally foreign to your interests.

P.S. I agree, kriegerg69. Grant Williams was a ****.