Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Guest Host Rita Wilson

I have to say that Rita Wilson was by far the best substitute host for Robert Osborne. She knew what she was talking about and her introductions were smooth flowing. Most of the other guest hosts struggled with their intros. You could definately tell they were reading off a teleprompter and having a difficult time doing that. Rita Wilson was almost as good as Robert Osborne.

While it fell within her week of tenure, the showing of JASON AND THE ARGONAUTS was too late at night for her to have provided the intro. That would have been interesting as I've heard her husband Tom Hanks claim that it is his favorite movie.

I thought Rita did a fantastic job as well. She was lovely and so enthusiastic.

As far as others who were guest hosts during this time, I thought Chris Isaak, Peter Travers & Donald Bogle were pretty good too. Kenneth Turan was okay but his constant hand gesturing was distracting. I missed a couple of them when I went on vacation for a couple of weeks in Sept. The old timers were pretty good especially Eva Marie Saint--it's hard to believe she's in her late 80's.

I have to give the award to David Edelstein as the best pinch hitter. He had the knowledge and enthusiasm necessary and he did appear to be enjoying himself.

> {quote:title=clore wrote:}{quote}I have to give the award to David Edelstein as the best pinch hitter. He had the knowledge and enthusiasm necessary and he did appear to be enjoying himself.

I forgot about him. I agree--he was very good as well.

And here I thought I was the only one who felt that Rita Wilson did such a terrific job as host. I just watched "Anything Goes" from last week, and thoroughly enjoyed her introduction. I agree that TCM should consider using her again. What a great job she did!

Terrence.